• WELCOME
    call of dragons is a roleplay set in the province of skyrim in tamriel and the same time frame as the game. when registering, please do so in your character's name and register in all caps. if you could, sign into all of your accounts once a day, thank you. we're a welcoming community, so don't be afraid to say hi in the cbox. feel free to browse through our rules, plot, faq and basic lore threads, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

• STATS
    STAFF
    0 male, 3 female
    ALTMER
    1 male, 3 female
    ARGONIAN
    0 male, 0 female
    BOSMER
    1 male, 3 female
    BRETON
    1 male, 1 female
    DUNMER
    1 male, 1 female
    IMPERIAL
    1 male, 0 female
    KAHJIIT
    1 male, 0 female
    NORD
    10 male, 8 female
    ORSIMER
    1 male, 0 female
    REDGUARD
    0 male, 1 female
    TOTAL
    17 male, 17 female
    UPDATES
    may 12th | with the activity check now over, we have lost a few members, but are already gaining new ones! if you see any dead threads around with inactive users, please post them here, so a staff can move them to the archives!

may 4th | activity check has been posted! please go here for more details. plus, there have been a few new rules added. go here to see them. as well as post your alias to state that you have done so!

april 13th | admin charlie has stopped being a shithead and is back.

february 23 | admin robin hiatus until post-march 9th.

january 22nd | the second activity check has concluded - many thanks to those of you that participated. if you find any dead threads or posts from deleted members, please post here!

january 12th | the awards have been posted! congratulations to everyone to received one or more! thank you to everyone to participated! keep an eye out for our next activity check.

january 3rd | we are now in the voting process of picking our award winners! you can vote here! you have until january 10th to get them in!

january 1st | happy new year from the staff of COD!

december 28th | we just want to thank everyone who participated in the activity check! if you find any dead threads, please post it here! thank you! <3

december 27th | HAPPY FIRST MONTH, CALL OF DRAGONS!

december 19th | we are now starting our very first activity check! please be sure to post or else your account will be deleted!

december 9th | we officially have an open thread directory, which is located here. if you have an open thread that is yet to be claimed, post it here and it will be added!

december 1st | we officially have the beginnings of a playlist! you can listen to it here. if you want to add to it, post suggestions here.

november 26th | call of dragons has officially opened!

• THE STAFF
    charlie

brynjolf
    rosalind the kind
    mjoll the lioness
    dredhwen
    axel the wolf
    valgier strong-heart
    robin

aerin greenwood
    colborn blackheart
    NEREIÐUR
    noriion elsinian
    gabe

asya fairechild
    lirinisa elsinian
    farengar secret-fire
    godryc lionmane
    dìsa
  • AWARDS

TBA
    male

TBA
    female

TBA
    pair

TBA
    thread

TBA
  • CREDITS
    all credit for races, locations, lore & most images goes to bethesda. credit to all location, guild and lore descriptions go to uesp: skyrim, they're amaze-balls. all images used for editing credit to bethesda. all image, graphics and coding editing credit to charlie. mini profile credit to becky of atf. i think that covers everything! please don't sue...

END OF AWARD VOTING
- DAY : - HR : - MIN : - SEC

ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Drunken Lullabies, Krigar!
FARKAS
 Posted: May 10 2014, 02:42 PM
I howled at the moon with friends, And then the sun came crashing in,  But all the possibilities,  No limits just epiphanies,  I'm never gonna look back,  Woah, never gonna give it up,  No, just don't wake me now,  This is gonna be the best day of my life.
Cass,

shield brother & circle member
nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

OK, here we go!
A bitter and biting wind whipped through the tavern when Farkas opened the door. He stamped his feet on the roughspun mat, shaking loose the snow that clung determinedly to his steel-plated boots, and nodded briskly in greeting to the innkeeper. Morthal was a bleak place that Farkas had little love for. It seemed to him that the people were odd and unwelcoming to outsiders, though Jonna was almost always happy to see a patron come through the door, regardless of where they had come from.

“A bowl of something hot,” Farkas requested of the Redguard in his deep, gravelly voice, “And an ale.” If he had his way, he would not glimpse the bottom of his tankard this night. The task had been simple enough – to dispatch a troll that had been threatening the small iron mining settlement of Stonehills – then journey home to Whiterun. Yet, even as the troll blood had congealed and froze on the blade of his greatsword, the wind had picked up, whispering of an approaching storm. It had come quickly, bringing early dusk with it, and now a near gale blew outside, causing the rafters of the Moorside Inn to creak ominously. A wise man Farkas was not but even he knew it would be best to lay low in Morthal until it passed, and it was doubtful he would get much sleep unless he all but knocked himself out on brew.

As Jonna disappeared to fill his request, Farkas took a seat at one of the benches, unhooking his greatsword and propping it against his chosen table as he did so. Though the bitter wind had brought colour to his grizzled cheeks (at least as much of them as could be seen beneath his war paint) the cold did not bother him as much as his hunger. The beast blood ran hot in his veins and bolstered his Nordic hardiness, but it did not fill his stomach. Some of Farkas' shield-siblings liked to joke that he could eat them out of Jorrvaskr, given his fearsome appetite. Truthfully, a man of his size needed sustenance – especially after the efforts of walking half the day and putting a troll into the ground.

When the flagon and bowl were set in front of him - venison stew, as it turned out, with a large chunk of bread on the side - Farkas murmured his thanks and tucked in. Half of his ale was gone by the time the bowl was cleared and it was only then, feeling satiated, that he took the time to scan the room. Not that there was much to see. The inn was about as lively as Helgen on market day. It was always the same in this forgotten settlement, only this time there wasn't even sign of Lurbuk, the terrible Orc bard. “It's gonna be a long night...” Farkas muttered into his tankard.

486 words.

--------------------

Some people don't think I'm smart.

They get my fist. But you, I like.

Application | Plotter | Tracker | Join the Companions
PMWEBSITEAIM
^
KRIGAR RAIN-BRINGER
 Posted: May 13 2014, 07:07 PM
You'll die as you lived In a flash of the blade In corner forgotten away You lived for the touch For the feel of the steel One man, in his Honour.
tom,

mercenary
nord
N/A
55 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Out of all the places where he could be stuck at, it had to be Morthal. Krigar wasn't fond of Jarl Igrod Ravencrone's hold and he was sure that people like him weren't exactly looked at in a good manner. Most of his disdain for the hold was because of the damn marsh surrounding the city, it was just... depressing, the lack of hospitality was also something that wasn't exactly ideal either. Still, Krigar was not about to endure the storm that was coming in the open, he might have an innate resistance to cold due to his nord blood but even that had its limits and he didn't want to reach them anytime soon.

So stuck in Morthal he was for the night. The storm was already starting and snow was beginning to fall from the skies, creating a rather pintoresque image as the white of the snow mixed with the browns and blacks from the marsh... That and the spider blood that was currently drying itself on Krigar's armor. "That spider should have stayed in its burrow." He spoke, petting his loyal hound Helgi as they arrived to the city's tavern, dusting some of the snow off of his shoulders and hair before stepping in. Looking around, he spotted the innkeeper and approached her. "A room for me and my furry companion. Also some food and drink wouldn't be bad" He handed her the gold needed and sat down on a nearby chair with a plate of horker meat and a bottle of mead, his hound sitting down next to him. "Are you hungry, friend?" Krigar looked down at his dog and patted his head, taking a piece of his meal and giving it to his canine friend. "There you go."

Taking a swig from his mead, his eyes darted towards the hulking man sitting nearby, clad in steel armor as well as having a great sword on his back, he sure looked dangerous. "Stuck due to the storm as well friend?" He asked, motioning with his head to the front door. He didn't seem like a local, although then again Krigar had been to Morthal like once before in his life so he wouldn't know if the man sitting down near him was indeed a stranger or not. He was distracted by Helgi's bark, prompting Krigar to put a reassuring hand on top of the hound's head. "Quiet, Helgi." He didn't know what was upsetting his dog so much, maybe it was the storm... or maybe he just didn't like this stranger. "My apologies, my hound seems to be moody due to the storm. I'm Krigar, Krigar Rain-Bringer, and you are?" He knew that telling everybody his clan's name wasn't exactly a good idea, but he had grown tired of escaping his past by now. He was a Rain-Bringer, whether he liked it or not.

PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: May 14 2014, 03:44 AM
I howled at the moon with friends, And then the sun came crashing in,  But all the possibilities,  No limits just epiphanies,  I'm never gonna look back,  Woah, never gonna give it up,  No, just don't wake me now,  This is gonna be the best day of my life.
Cass,

shield brother & circle member
nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

we've been fighting with the wolves.
The door opened and a brief draught cut through the warm smoky air, drawing Farkas' gaze away from the rich contents of his tankard, which was unfortunately about the most interesting thing to be seen in this inn. The Companion fully expected it to be a local, but the Nord that entered sure as hell didn't look as though he belonged in this hellish backwater. He had too much life and curiosity in his blue eyes, for one thing. The blacksmith in Farkas demanded that he then turn his attention to the newcomer's armour. It was amazing what you could learn – or at least guess – from what someone wore. The protective plating was Nordic in origin, scratched but obviously loved and cared for, and it was almost certainly older than the man who wore it. Found? Stolen? An heirloom? Intrigued as he was, the Companion said and asked nothing, shifting his gaze back to his drink and taking another long draw of ale.

The nails of the hound clicked against the stone floor as he followed his master to his table. The very fact that so small a sound it could be heard at all was testament to just how quiet, how dead, the Moorside Inn was. Fortunately the silence was broken by the young Nord, who spoke in warm greeting. Praise the divines for that mercy, some company would help pass the evening hours! Farkas opened his mouth to respond but, before he could, the dog barked. Farkas eyes narrowed uncertainly, but not unkindly. As much as he wanted to believe that it was the muffled sound of the howling wind, and the creak of wood, that prompted the outburst he knew in his heart that the hound could smell him for what he was. Clever beast. Not that it mattered, not as long as his master blamed the storm and didn't think too much of it. Pulling his gaze away from the canine, looking instead to the Nord, the Companion smiled genuinely.

“Well met, Krigar.” Farkas returned warmly. He had a peculiar feeling that the name Rain-Bringer should mean something to him but, if it did, its significance escaped him. Vilkas would likely know, he seemed to have a firm understanding of clan names and Nordic genealogy. “The name's Farkas. That bloody storm has me cooped up in this shithole too.” Catching himself too late, he glanced sheepishly in Jonna's direction. The innkeeper stood behind the counter once more, cleaning pewter tankards for the rowdy crowd of drinkers that would never come. If she had heard him, she pretended not to. Or perhaps she silently agreed with his words, as harsh as they were. Farkas returned his attention to Krigar, looking mildly relieved. “I hail from Whiterun.” He added, pausing briefly to sip his ale. “What of you? What tide washed you into Morthal?” The Companion smiled lopsidedly and set his flagon down. “I'm guessing you didn't come here for the banter and pretty girls.”

499 words.

--------------------

Some people don't think I'm smart.

They get my fist. But you, I like.

Application | Plotter | Tracker | Join the Companions
PMWEBSITEAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

skinned by birgitte @ caution 2.0 and shine