• WELCOME
    call of dragons is a roleplay set in the province of skyrim in tamriel and the same time frame as the game. when registering, please do so in your character's name and register in all caps. if you could, sign into all of your accounts once a day, thank you. we're a welcoming community, so don't be afraid to say hi in the cbox. feel free to browse through our rules, plot, faq and basic lore threads, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

• STATS
    STAFF
    0 male, 3 female
    ALTMER
    1 male, 3 female
    ARGONIAN
    0 male, 0 female
    BOSMER
    1 male, 3 female
    BRETON
    1 male, 1 female
    DUNMER
    1 male, 1 female
    IMPERIAL
    1 male, 0 female
    KAHJIIT
    1 male, 0 female
    NORD
    10 male, 8 female
    ORSIMER
    1 male, 0 female
    REDGUARD
    0 male, 1 female
    TOTAL
    17 male, 17 female
    UPDATES
    may 12th | with the activity check now over, we have lost a few members, but are already gaining new ones! if you see any dead threads around with inactive users, please post them here, so a staff can move them to the archives!

may 4th | activity check has been posted! please go here for more details. plus, there have been a few new rules added. go here to see them. as well as post your alias to state that you have done so!

april 13th | admin charlie has stopped being a shithead and is back.

february 23 | admin robin hiatus until post-march 9th.

january 22nd | the second activity check has concluded - many thanks to those of you that participated. if you find any dead threads or posts from deleted members, please post here!

january 12th | the awards have been posted! congratulations to everyone to received one or more! thank you to everyone to participated! keep an eye out for our next activity check.

january 3rd | we are now in the voting process of picking our award winners! you can vote here! you have until january 10th to get them in!

january 1st | happy new year from the staff of COD!

december 28th | we just want to thank everyone who participated in the activity check! if you find any dead threads, please post it here! thank you! <3

december 27th | HAPPY FIRST MONTH, CALL OF DRAGONS!

december 19th | we are now starting our very first activity check! please be sure to post or else your account will be deleted!

december 9th | we officially have an open thread directory, which is located here. if you have an open thread that is yet to be claimed, post it here and it will be added!

december 1st | we officially have the beginnings of a playlist! you can listen to it here. if you want to add to it, post suggestions here.

november 26th | call of dragons has officially opened!

• THE STAFF
    charlie

brynjolf
    rosalind the kind
    mjoll the lioness
    dredhwen
    axel the wolf
    valgier strong-heart
    robin

aerin greenwood
    colborn blackheart
    NEREIÐUR
    noriion elsinian
    gabe

asya fairechild
    lirinisa elsinian
    farengar secret-fire
    godryc lionmane
    dìsa
  • AWARDS

TBA
    male

TBA
    female

TBA
    pair

TBA
    thread

TBA
  • CREDITS
    all credit for races, locations, lore & most images goes to bethesda. credit to all location, guild and lore descriptions go to uesp: skyrim, they're amaze-balls. all images used for editing credit to bethesda. all image, graphics and coding editing credit to charlie. mini profile credit to becky of atf. i think that covers everything! please don't sue...

END OF AWARD VOTING
- DAY : - HR : - MIN : - SEC

ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

the good left undone, alasse + wendi
▲rosalind the kind
 Posted: Apr 14 2014, 07:45 AM
I woke up and I had a big idea to buy a new soul at the start of every year. I paid up and it cost me pretty dear. Here's a hymn to those that disappear
charlie,

noblewoman
▲nord
N/A
28 posts
stormcloak
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

blonde hair gently whipped in the wind as leather clad boots padded against moss and rock. jumping from one stone to another, evasion of water was the main goal. the day had only just begun and rosalind was not too keen on spending the rest of the day drenched. though the sun was high and, by high noon, she probably wouldn't mind a quick dip in a nearby pool, it was still early and far too cold. one jump after another, the young woman managed to find herself on the opposite side of the creek without a drop on her. smiling at her accomplishment, she looked behind her and nodded softly, ""well, that wasn't so hard," she whispered to herself before turning back towards the direction she was aimed at before.

running a hand through her hair, her slender fingers pushed it all to one side, her leather bind lost a few days back. as easy as it was to buy a new one, she hadn't found any place that sold them. inns were not the best for retail purposes. as much as her hair annoyed her, there was no chance that she could have the courage to chop it all off. someone would have to it for her.

wandering through the forests of skyrim had always been a little bit daunting, frightening at times, but rosalind had found herself able to sneak through any situation. her mouth had usually got herself into trouble, but was more often than not that she could use it to get out of it. everyone but her father was susceptible to her words and tongue. perhaps it was his immunity that caused the whole distaste in the first place, their relationship only breaking down one brick at a time. they were too much a like to get along - it was something that she kept telling herself.

after another couple hours of walking, the nord decided herself tired enough for a break. trying to convince herself that she didn't take breaks that often (though the rest of skyrim would disagree), rosalind took a seat at the trunk of a tree, taking out a book from her bag before she began skimming the words.

--------------------

▲ on route to the college of winterhold.

PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 14 2014, 08:07 AM
"MAY IT BE AN EVENING STAR SHINES DOWN UPON YOU. MAY IT BE WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOUR HEART WILL BE TRUE. YOU WALK A LONELY ROAD, OH HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM HOME."
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
neutral with stormcloak sympathies
N/A
is Offline.

As much as she didn't mind traveling alone, Alasse Dorthonion almost wanted some company. It had been a while since she last saw another person, but considering the circumstances of what was going on between war and dragons, perhaps she was one of the few that either didn't pay heed to the danger, or didn't care of what was going on. Still, she pressed on and enjoyed the sights as much as possible. She wondered where her father had grown up or what he had done for a living before somehow finding the courage to reach the Summerset Isles and put up with the xenophobic elves (which she saw the Altmer in a way despite their graceful architecture and appearance). Still, the half-Altmer had to thank them for something, since she shared their bloodline with that of the proud Nords her father hailed from.

Coming across a clearing, the brunette leaned against her staff for a moment, catching her breath. It had been a heck of a trek so far, and even then she had no particular destination in mind. Just trying to help whenever she could, and to show that not all elves are as bad as people think them to be. Glancing up, she noticed a woman on a stump reading a book, and was a bit grateful for the company...that is, if she didn't mind it. Clearing her throat as not to surprise the other, Alasse asked kindly, "Do you mind if I join you for a while? It is not often I see another friendly face in the fields of Skyrim."

--------------------
PM
^
▲rosalind the kind
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 10:05 AM
I woke up and I had a big idea to buy a new soul at the start of every year. I paid up and it cost me pretty dear. Here's a hymn to those that disappear
charlie,

noblewoman
▲nord
N/A
28 posts
stormcloak
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

the book she was reading was one that she had done so a thousand times. every sentence was known before her eyes would skim across it, the climax realized far before the page was turned. still, rosie found excitement between the pages and would read the same book a thousand more times just to feel the way she back when she had first read it. this particular book reminded her of her mother, the story of a strong woman with a mind of her own, prepared to take back her kingdom from those who had stolen it from her. the fact that the woman in the book was an altmer hardly phased her, even though such a race had been somewhat of a nuisance for her. though she tended not to judge those based on skin colour, it had to be said that the altmer had the type of personality could easily rub any person the wrong way.

the nord had found herself so lost in her book that she barely noticed that she was joined by someone else. startled, she quickly closed the book and looked up at the woman who now stood before her. skeptical, the blond gave the brunette a side glance as she tried to back up more into the tree, "how am i to know that you are a friendly face? the bandits of skyrim have no limit to the type of tricks they pull..." she stated, cautiously before she slowly rose to her feet, "why else would someone be in the middle of the wilderness, if they weren't a bandit?"

--------------------

PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 20 2014, 11:16 PM
"MAY IT BE AN EVENING STAR SHINES DOWN UPON YOU. MAY IT BE WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOUR HEART WILL BE TRUE. YOU WALK A LONELY ROAD, OH HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM HOME."
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

It was a bit obvious that the woman sitting on the stump reading her book was clearly distracted, and a bit surprised at her appearance there. But if the half-Altmer wanted to rob the other, she probably could have done so...with a hit of difficulty of course considering the brunette was no pickpocket. But as for giving an assurance that she wouldn't rob the reader, Alasse probably could make all the blows and oaths she knew...but it may mean nothing. Perhaps an act of good faith was a place to start.

Kneeling onto the ground where she stood, the half-elf gently set her staff down, then raised her hands. "A thief I am not; if I was, I would make a very poor one. I am but a humble resident of Skyrim, trying to see all that there is in the world, as well as to find my place in it. Should you need any oaths or promises, then I solemnly swear by the Nine as well as by the Nord blood that runs through my veins that I mean no harm." With that, Alasse slowly turned to dig into her pouch to produce two apples and a small hunk of cheese. "I figured you would want the company; I am willing to share what I have. And if I am to be suspected of being a thief or a bandit, would that mean I am to make a similar guess to you as well? Unlike you, I require no other proof of your true intent than you not attacking me on sight for what little to no coin I possess." With that, Alasse gave a small smile and a bow of her head as she settled herself better on the ground after gathering a few twigs and dried foliage for a fire, using her magic to light the flame.

--------------------
PM
^
▲rosalind the kind
 Posted: Apr 22 2014, 06:53 PM
charlie,

noblewoman
▲nord
N/A
28 posts
stormcloak
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

perhaps her accusations were a tad bit hypocritical, as the elf pointed out, she too was in the middle of the woods and, by rosalind's own words, she had to be a bandit herself. keeping her mouth shut, she watched as the brunette took a seat upon the ground near the blond, her eyebrows furrowed with caution before she relaxed enough to take a seat and continue with a watchful eye still on the elven woman, "may i ask your name, traveler?" she asked, genuinely curious. though it may have been foolish to ask, seeing as the woman may in turn require rosalind's name. with a fake name ready, the ex-noblewoman kept herself composed as she watched the brunette make a fire.

it was no surprise to see her use magic, most elves had the natural ability to cast such spells, especially a high elf. the curiosity peaked, however, at the mention of 'nord blood' running through her veins. never had rosalind heard of a nord and an altmer finding themselves baring a child together. it was simply unheard of.

with timid hands, the nord woman reached out of the apple and cheese that was offered earlier. with the nearest inn farther away than she had thought, rosalind had found herself running low on previsions. grateful for the gesture, she took a bite before her green eyes found themselves locked on a bright fire, "thank you," her words were almost reluctant before she glanced up at the older woman, "you say you've traveled the world..." she paused for a moment, "where else have you been?"

--------------------

PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 23 2014, 09:53 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

The words she spoke weren't said out of spite, but more of reason. If this woman was going to accuse the half-Altmer of being a bandit, it would make sense to make that same deduction about the other...using the ploy of a reader to lower the guard of a passerby before striking. Alasse was just more generous and caring than that, and wouldn't even think of harming another soul; wars were started on less.

At least the other was relaxed enough to ask for her name, although seemed confused at the brunette being a Nord as well as an Altmer. Giving a soft smile before the kindling ignited, she replied, "Alasse Dorthonion. I know it seems odd for me to share two sides that would be in conflict, but my father as a traveling smith of some renown, and sold his wares in many places during his time alive...including the Summerset Isle. Knowing that her family wouldn't approve of the match, she left home and settled here in Skyrim with my father."

The woman had accepted the offer of the apple and cheese, prompting the brunette to pull back the hand with the leftover apple as another question was posed of her. "To be honest, I have not traveled far enough of noting 'worldly' knowledge yet; I have only been to Whiterun for a while, healing the wounded from this cursed war. I make my way how I can, and give whenever I am able to. There are those less fortunate than I, and if I am to shake the stigma that elves are hateful people that think they are 'children of the gods', then I cannot be sheltered for the rest of my days...however many I have left." She took a small bite of the fruit and chewed for a moment, swallowing it before inquiring, "What of you? Is there any place you head toward, or just a lonely wanderer yourself?"

--------------------
PM
^
▲rosalind the kind
 Posted: May 4 2014, 02:36 PM
charlie,

noblewoman
▲nord
N/A
28 posts
stormcloak
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

the way she spoke it seemed too open; something that put the young nord woman on edge. no one was that friendly in skyrim, at least no one she had ever met. however, rosalind's life had spent within the reach and the city of markarth; their motto was one chosen sensibly "blood and silver" - it was a histile city to say the least. this was especially when it came to the reachmen whose camps lined the border of the reach. how she had managed to get passed them unnoticed, she would never know. though her boots were enchanted, they certainly weren't enchanted heavily enough to sneak herself passed all of the forsworn and their countless camps. the nord tended to blame it on skooma, having the wild folk seeming to have a taste for the stuff.

so, for this woman to explain her lineage and openly speak of herself being a nord with altmer blood, rosalind found her, too, lucky to be alive. even though she felt extreme sympathy for the stormcloak cause and was proud of her nord blood, she wouldn't put it passed her own race to shelter out another, or worse, if they were to find out a nord shared blood with an elf - and even moreso an altmer. the same would be the case (if not worse) on the side of the altmer. priding themselves on their pure blood as well as their extreme distaste for nords, such a child would be shunned from their society or exterminated for impurity. at least, as the history of the altmer told.

at the mention of ridding "the stigma of elves", the nord woman furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "i would find it hard for a nord-looking half elf to rid a stigma that is aimed towards pure-bloods," she stated, simply before arching a brow, "all of your kindness would simply be put upon the fact that you have nord blood. i would have never guessed you an elf if i had not seen your ears," she paused for a moment before clearing her throat, "i mean no offense, it just seems like a frivolous task," she murmured before shrugging softly.

at the question of her own travels, the nord gestured towards the north east, "the college," she stated simply, short in her replies now that she found herself suspicious once again.

--------------------

PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: May 4 2014, 08:46 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

While it may have been strange to simply state that she was half of each conflicting race, Alasse was determined to at least make things right on either side. While she looked more Nord than Altmer, the fact that she had the ears of a Mer as well as slightly paler skin than a typical Nord couldn't be ignored. The stigma would no doubt be prevalent, although the young woman was set in the method that not all elves were bad and hateful people; her mother was one, and surely she wasn't evil, right? Especially if her mother spent a decent portion of her days in Skyrim raising a family.

"That is why I usually try and keep my heritage a secret of sorts, try and do some good before revealing it. It may seem like a treacherous thing to do, but if people can understand that it is the actions of one that does not define a race...then I have to try. And it was my mother and father who taught me to be kind to others, regardless of what sort of lineage they possess, Man or Mer. I am not better than anyone, and I respect the cultures of all, regardless on who they are." At the mention of possible having offended the half-Altmer, the brunette shook her head and smiled. "Nonsense. I am a very difficult person to offend, if any offense is meant. There have been people known to do similar tasks...such as standing in front of the statue of Talos day after day and preaching that the Empire and the Stormcloaks need to rise as one to throw off the shackles the Thalmor have placed on them, and not shun Talos...regardless on who listens to him or not, this priest still does it without fail. Rain or shine."

That is the second time that the College was mentioned; it must be some building of decent renown for people to visit there. Perhaps she too should see this place one day during her travels; from what she heard, they trained people in various forms of magic. At least there was an indicated direction to head toward should she decide to head there after this moment of rest. But why was the woman so uneasy still?

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

skinned by birgitte @ caution 2.0 and shine