• WELCOME
    call of dragons is a roleplay set in the province of skyrim in tamriel and the same time frame as the game. when registering, please do so in your character's name and register in all caps. if you could, sign into all of your accounts once a day, thank you. we're a welcoming community, so don't be afraid to say hi in the cbox. feel free to browse through our rules, plot, faq and basic lore threads, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

• STATS
    STAFF
    0 male, 3 female
    ALTMER
    1 male, 3 female
    ARGONIAN
    0 male, 0 female
    BOSMER
    1 male, 3 female
    BRETON
    1 male, 1 female
    DUNMER
    1 male, 1 female
    IMPERIAL
    1 male, 0 female
    KAHJIIT
    1 male, 0 female
    NORD
    10 male, 8 female
    ORSIMER
    1 male, 0 female
    REDGUARD
    0 male, 1 female
    TOTAL
    17 male, 17 female
    UPDATES
    may 12th | with the activity check now over, we have lost a few members, but are already gaining new ones! if you see any dead threads around with inactive users, please post them here, so a staff can move them to the archives!

may 4th | activity check has been posted! please go here for more details. plus, there have been a few new rules added. go here to see them. as well as post your alias to state that you have done so!

april 13th | admin charlie has stopped being a shithead and is back.

february 23 | admin robin hiatus until post-march 9th.

january 22nd | the second activity check has concluded - many thanks to those of you that participated. if you find any dead threads or posts from deleted members, please post here!

january 12th | the awards have been posted! congratulations to everyone to received one or more! thank you to everyone to participated! keep an eye out for our next activity check.

january 3rd | we are now in the voting process of picking our award winners! you can vote here! you have until january 10th to get them in!

january 1st | happy new year from the staff of COD!

december 28th | we just want to thank everyone who participated in the activity check! if you find any dead threads, please post it here! thank you! <3

december 27th | HAPPY FIRST MONTH, CALL OF DRAGONS!

december 19th | we are now starting our very first activity check! please be sure to post or else your account will be deleted!

december 9th | we officially have an open thread directory, which is located here. if you have an open thread that is yet to be claimed, post it here and it will be added!

december 1st | we officially have the beginnings of a playlist! you can listen to it here. if you want to add to it, post suggestions here.

november 26th | call of dragons has officially opened!

• THE STAFF
    charlie

brynjolf
    rosalind the kind
    mjoll the lioness
    dredhwen
    axel the wolf
    valgier strong-heart
    robin

aerin greenwood
    colborn blackheart
    NEREIÐUR
    noriion elsinian
    gabe

asya fairechild
    lirinisa elsinian
    farengar secret-fire
    godryc lionmane
    dìsa
  • AWARDS

TBA
    male

TBA
    female

TBA
    pair

TBA
    thread

TBA
  • CREDITS
    all credit for races, locations, lore & most images goes to bethesda. credit to all location, guild and lore descriptions go to uesp: skyrim, they're amaze-balls. all images used for editing credit to bethesda. all image, graphics and coding editing credit to charlie. mini profile credit to becky of atf. i think that covers everything! please don't sue...

END OF AWARD VOTING
- DAY : - HR : - MIN : - SEC

Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

somewhere only we know, farkas !
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 05:03 AM
So this is what you meant When you said that you were spent And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit Right to the top Don't hold back Packing my bags and giving the academy a rain check I don't ever wanna let you down I don't ever wanna leave this town 'Cause after all This city never sleeps tonight
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 247 ▪ /squeals
Eiruki had slept soundly that night, dreaming of the day to follow. The death of Brandrel still hung heavy on her mind, his battered face occasionally making itself known in her mind's eye as she slept. The conversation with Vilkas and Kodlak had been difficult, but their faces had lit up when they had told them of their marriage, or at least, Kodlak's smile did. Vilkas was a little more serious, and she knew he and Farkas must have spoken afterwards alone.

She had woken early that day, earlier than most, and had left Farkas in bed to wash and freshen up. So far, the morning had been quiet - not many others were awake yet, but she and Farkas were the only ones who were planning to leave early to make their way to Riften. It would take them a good few hours to make it there, and a good few to get home, but by the time they were home, they would be wed, and despite the early hour, she was still excited.

Freshened up, she sat on the end of the bed and dressed in her leather breeches and tunic, tying the ties up and stretching herself out. She had packed a small pack for the two of them with bread, apples and mead already, and all they needed to do now was to get their armour on and head out to Riften and to the Temple of Mara to seal their marriage before Mara.

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
MY DREAMS CONSIST OF THINGS THAT'LL MAKE YOU WANT TO HIDE
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 09:12 AM
I howled at the moon with friends, And then the sun came crashing in,  But all the possibilities,  No limits just epiphanies,  I'm never gonna look back,  Woah, never gonna give it up,  No, just don't wake me now,  This is gonna be the best day of my life.
Cass,

shield brother & circle member
nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

squeeeee!! *flails*
The conversation with Kodlak and Vilkas had seen Farkas sinking deeper and deeper into his chair, hunching his broad shoulders and looking to the floor as if he could make his hulking form disappear from view altogether. No such luck. He hated this kind of confrontation, but at least this time he had Eiruki in his corner. She was much better with words than he and the archer had made their case plainly. Painful though it had been, the news of his and Eiruki's decision to wed brightened the atmosphere considerably and afterwards the warrior had spoken candidly with his brother, sharing his joy and quietly confessing the high hopes he held for his and Eiruki's future.

That night Farkas had managed to sleep, for a time, with his wife-to-be wrapped in his powerful arms. Unfortunately he had dreamed terrible dreams. In one the Companion had stood high on a bridge, the sun casting his shadow on the sparkling water below. The pretty sight had entertained him, at least until a second shadow joined his own. In his vision Farkas had turned, expecting Eiruki to be at his side but finding Brandrel instead. The Nord's comely face was ravaged as it had been in death, his tongue lolling out of the bloody gash that revealed his teeth in a horrifying eternal grin. “You let me die, Farkas.” The voice was not Brandrel's, it was low and laden with hate. With a long-fingered hand, he pushed Farkas on his steel plated chest, right over his heart. Hard. The railing was gone and the warrior fell, feeling the icy bite of cold water, his heavy armour pulling him down into darkness before he woke with a start, sweat standing on his skin.

It had been hours before dawn. Eiruki had stirred faintly but slept on and, after he had caught his breath, Farkas pressed a kiss to the corner of her sweet mouth and rose. He kept the candles burning, their light allowing him to tend to his gear, removing the last traces of Brandrel's blood. Not yet ready to try for slumber, he had then polished Eiruki's armour. Still looking to occupy himself, Farkas had fetched a basin of water and washed, cleaning his face of war paint. Without it, the evidence of his exhaustion became known. Dark rings, like bruises, marked the skin beneath his eyes. At last more relaxed, and wanting to be as rested as he could possibly be for the day that was to follow, the Companion had slipped back between the furs, comforted by the Eiruki's presence.

When she had wakened and left their bed, Farkas was sprawled out, fast asleep, his breathing slow and even. He lay on his back with his muscular midriff bared, arms above his head, his hair dark tousled and the bed sheet tangled around his waist. He stayed this way for some time, grumbling sleepily as he at last woke, just in time to see the pert arse he adored disappearing into leather breeches. Farkas grumbled again, less sleepily, and sitting up he stretched, arching his back and tangling his hands in his own hair. “Morning, dear... you must've been up with the birds.” With those words, hoarse from sleep, a smile stole over his face. Today was the day – their day. Heaving himself out of bed, Farkas tugged on breeches and a tunic. Padding over to Eiruki he gently ran a hand through her short hair. Not mussing it as he had done so many times before, this gesture was much more tender. “You ready to get married?”

601 words.

--------------------

Some people don't think I'm smart.

They get my fist. But you, I like.

Application | Plotter | Tracker | Join the Companions
PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 09:30 AM
So this is what you meant When you said that you were spent And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit Right to the top Don't hold back Packing my bags and giving the academy a rain check I don't ever wanna let you down I don't ever wanna leave this town 'Cause after all This city never sleeps tonight
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 246 ▪ /squeals
She heard Farkas stir in their bed and turned to smile at him. She watched him dress in to his breeches and stretched out again, yawning loudy. Today was the day and even as she still blinked her sleep from her eyes, she felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement. They were to be wed in a few hours and although the though of it terrified a small part of her, she was equally ecstatic. She had no pretty dress, no fine jewels, but she would be married in her armour as any Companion would be. She had no time for pretty gems and fine clothes - those were for the rich and the nobles of Skyrim, not for Companions.

"Aye, that I was." Eiruki replied. She had heard the birdsong through the walls of Jorrvaskr as she had heated up a small bowl of water, listening contently to the birds singing. "You were up early, too," she said. She'd felt his presence leave her side early that morning but hadn't spoken up in the dark, not exactly knowing what to say. She had watched him clean his armour before she had fallen asleep some time when he was shining his breastplate.

He ran his hand through her hair and she sighed contently. "Am I ever," Eiruki replied. "If we walk quick enough, we'll be there and back again by nightfall, and then there will be plenty time to break the news and drink to our future."

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 10:09 AM
I howled at the moon with friends, And then the sun came crashing in,  But all the possibilities,  No limits just epiphanies,  I'm never gonna look back,  Woah, never gonna give it up,  No, just don't wake me now,  This is gonna be the best day of my life.
Cass,

nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

squeeeee!! *flails*
“I was, too early. Bad dreams...” The beast blood was a bloody nuisance but last night had in fact been a better night of rest than usual. Eiruki was surely familiar with his broken sleeping pattern by now, and was no doubt disturbed on occasion by his unhappy grumbling, tossing and turning when nightmares plagued him. On nights like that it was often her soft kisses and gentle touches that coaxed him through. Farkas loved her for that compassion, among a great many other things.

Hearing that Eiruki was ready for the day ahead, and seemingly not daunted by the commitment they planned to make to one another, Farkas grinned. “Good. 'Cause if you'd changed your mind I think I'd have to leave Jorrvaskr and go live in a cave in the hills with the trolls.” Cradling her face briefly, he pressed a quick chaste kiss to her mouth, the frivolous look of amusement melting away. All jests aside, the warrior had invested himself so completely that to lose Eiruki now would destroy him. He knew that and yet Farkas was not afraid. He trusted the lass with his very life, so what cause was there not to trust her with his heart?

“I'd gladly run to Riften, to swear myself to you sooner.” Speaking sincerely as he padded across the room, Farkas cast a tender look back at Eiruki before bending to retrieve the vial of war paint from where it lay on the floor, after being knocked from the cabinet during the previous day's passions. The recollection made him smile shyly as he straightened, popping the container's topper and beginning to dab the inky contents confidently around his eyes with his fingertips. He needed no looking glass or reflective surface, having been applying much the same pattern to his face for so many years. “There will be some celebration tonight, and many toasts made to us.” Farkas agreed . “I'm just so excited. I... I never thought...” He paused in his painting, looking to Eiruki and smiling softly. “I never thought I'd get married. I never thought... love would find me, you know?”

356 words.

--------------------

PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 7 2014, 10:56 AM
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 422 ▪ /squeals
It was no surprise to her when he mentioned it was a bad dream. The face of Brandrel had haunted her, too, but Farkas' beast blood would haunt him even more than it did Eiruki. She comforted as best she could on the nights where he had broken out in a cold sweat, calm him down from his panics and comfort him and tell him it was a dream, tell him it would all be all right. It would become harder to help him but easier to relate when she got her own beast blood - neither of them would sleep well, but they would certainly find ways to make the nights pass faster. Even a baby would make the night pass a lot faster. They could lean over them and watch them sleep, watch them with absolute adoration.

"Pfft, like I'd change my mind," Eiruki snorted incredulously. "I'd never find another man like you even if I tried." she said, standing up and cracking her neck. She was not such a dishonourable woman to leave her betrothed at the altar, nor was she enough of a coward to do it either. She had thought about marrying him just as long as she had thought about the beast blood, and she had never been more sure of anything else in her life, besides joining the Companions.

She retrieved her vial of war paint as well, sitting back down on the edge of the bed after she had run her fingers gently across his back, admiring the toned muscles for a moment. Holding the vial in one hand, she clambered backwards to sit at the top of the bed, reaching in to the cabinet by the bedside and pulling out a mirror and a strip of cloth, setting the mirror on her lap and wiped the three familiar stripes of warpaint across her face. "There best be celebration tonight, and tomorrow, but I think I'll stay away from the mead for a while." it was best not to partake in alcohol when one was trying for children - either intentionally or not. Her mother had warned her young to not drink if she ever became with child.

Shuffling off the bed and putting the cloth, mirror and vial away, she pushed her hair from her face and walked over to her armour. "Did you polish mine as well?" she asked, looking over it. She smiled gratefully over at him, before walking over and kissing him on the cheek. "Thanks, love. You're too good to me."

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 08:42 AM
Cass,

nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

squeeeee!! *flails*
Farkas hummed happily as Eiruki's slight fingers traced across his broad back, delighted and amazed that of all the men in Skyrim she had somehow chosen him. It was not just some passing fancy either. After four years of living, fighting and bleeding together, the archer knew him. Eiruki had seen him come undone at the sight of ghastly frostbite spiders, which left him rattling in his armour like a milk-drinker, witnessed him losing his temper, when he grew menacing and communicated with his fists, and had known him to embarrass himself through his own ignorance. In fact, if he remembered rightly, there had been occasions enough when she had saved him from such faux pas. She knew of his beast blood too, understanding the terrible changes it wrought in him, and yet she still wished to wed and would choose to damn her own soul if only to remain at his side. If that wasn't love, in its fiercest and purest form, the Companion didn't know what was.

For a moment, Farkas could not comprehend why Eiruki would choose to avoid drinking mead. “Why...?” He queried, his confusion showing briefly in his face as he finished in his dabbing, having painted around his eyes in his familiar smoky colour. Stopping the vial, he set it on the cabinet and lifted a linen to wipe his fingers clean. Then the realisation came to him. Oh.” Farkas smiled fondly, watching Eiruki as she striped her own face. “I reckon I'll mind my mead too. I won't have brew spoiling our wedding night.”

Without even attempting to be discreet, Farkas watched Eiruki move across the room, silver-grey eyes on the swing of her slight hips. Their movement was often disguised in armour, but not so much in leather breeches. Being distracted, it took the Nord a moment to realise she had asked him a question and, briefly and idiotically, he wondered if he had perhaps overstepped some unspoken boundary by handling her gear without asking. Armour was like a second skin, it was a very personal and precious belonging, or so Farkas felt. Then he saw Eiruki's grateful smile, heard her thanks, and his uncertainty evaporated in an instant. “I want to be good to you.” He rumbled, looking pleased with the kiss. It was befitting that the pair of them, as warriors and Companions, should be wed wearing their armour. The same armour each of them had worn for years, the same armour that had stripped from one another's bodies that first night they lay together. Not that Eiruki would look ridiculous in a gown – Farkas was convinced she could wear nothing but a sack cloth and he would still be dying at her feet – but she wouldn't look like herself. The Eiruki he knew and loved was not one for dresses or jewels. And as for him? Dressing a man as hulking and rough as himself in fine clothes would be like robing a bull in silk!

Smiling faintly, Farkas retrieved Eiruki's solid breastplate, a piece of alloy that had saved her life who knew how many times, and with surprising gentleness guided it onto her body. Why he felt compelled to clad her in her steel, Farkas was not sure, only that it felt right. “You'll be offered wolf armour once you're admitted to the Circle.” Farkas murmured quietly, as he carefully fastened leather straps with thick fingers. Through a tumble of dark hair, his silver eyes met Eiruki's brown. “You don't have to take it though, not if you don't want to. I know I didn't.”

599 words.

--------------------

PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 11:42 AM
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 355 ▪ /squeals
Farkas wasn't discreet as he watched her cross the room - but when was he ever discreet? Granted she should have noticed his eyes on her long before they ever fell in to bed, but he should have noticed hers, too. She had never made it a secret that she liked watching him work at the forge whilst she fletched arrows or sharpened her sword, eyes normally on him than instead of the task at hand - which had led to one or two accidents in the four years since she'd been a Companion, but it had never been anything that bad. A cut or a scrape in an awkward place and then she averted her eyes for a week or so before going right back to staring at him.

She rolled her shoulders back, tentatively testing her right one. It still ached on occasion, but it was no surprise given the bodkin head that had snarled up her muscle and skin when it had been taken out. She didn't think they'd need to draw their weapons often on the road - there would surely be a brazen wolf pack or thief, but other than that the road to Riften would probably be quite quiet at this time, anyway.

She stood still and lifted her arms to allow Farkas to fasten on her breastplate. He mentioned the wolf armour - which was what Vilkas, Skjor and Kodlak all wore - and said she would be offered it. "Regardless of whether I wear it or not, the Silver Hand'll still want me dead." she shrugged lightly. "But I've had this armour for years now. It'd feel like betraying it to wear another set of armour." she murmured as she slipped on her gauntlets. She had had it forged back when she was seventeen, having dumped the flimsy and thin leather armour for something more sturdy. To give up on it now, when it still had many years left to give, would feel like a betrayal of it, in a way. "Don't think wolf amour would suit me, anyway." she continued, brushing her hair back from her face again. "It'd swamp me."

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 01:14 PM
Cass,

nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

squeeeee!! *flails*
"Bloody Silver Hand." Farkas muttered darkly, eyes trained again on what his hands were doing. That group wanted them all dead but Eiruki they would surely target regardless of what armour she wore - or her blood status. She had been seen with him too many times. He tried to imagine her in the handsome fur-trimmed armour that so many of the Circle seemed to opt for. "Oh I don't know," Farkas smiled vaguely, "I think you'd be able to carry it."

The feeling of betrayal Farkas could understand, attached as he was to his own steel. It was far from perfect but that was the beauty of it. He had forged it himself, folding hammering out each steel plate, cutting and stitching each leather piece. It had been a great labour of love and it had saved his life countless times. The armour was him in a way, always reminding Farkas of where he had come from. It was crafted by a heavyset orphan lad with a frame that was still filling out. Time bent over the anvil would help with that. Quiet, shy, fierce and hopeful. Back when he had looked at the world through blue-grey eyes rather than silver, back before he was invited into the Circle, back when his blood was still clean, back before he knew a woman's touch. But even at that tender age he had already killed numerous foes, some of whom had been as young as himself.

Gods. Where did the years go?

Lifting the tassets Farkas began to secure them around Eiruki's waist and hips, roguishly sliding his hand over her arse as he did so. An appreciative rumble rose in his throat. "I like you in this armour. But I like you even better without it."

296 words.

--------------------

PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 8 2014, 02:32 PM
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 384 ▪ /squeals
Bloody Silver Hand. Farkas was right about that one. They had been bloodied during both encounters that Eiruki had met them in, and they had been sent off of this plane swiftly, by claw and by bow and sword. It had been oddly terrifying the first time, to see Farkas change like that in front of her whilst a sword was held to her throat. In the days passing during her recovery, she had had recurring nightmares of him turning and killing her, but she had never mentioned them to him. He had control over his beast, and even though she had fully expected to have met death that day by the werewolf, he hadn't killed her. He had slaughtered the Silver Hand, and saved her. The nightmares were only there to scare her. She had known Farkas for four years now, and he would never have hurt her anyway, but those nightmares had almost made her want to leave the Companions. Almost.

But she hadn't left. She had pushed on and thought about her choices. When Kodlak came to her, to tell her she was to be in the Circle, she knew what she would say already. It was all planned out in front of her, except for who her forebear was. A small part of her wanted it to be Farkas - strangely enough it wouldn't feel right with anyone else. Or that was what she thought, at least.

She was brought down from her thoughts when Farkas hand skirted across her behind. She tutted at him, but a playful smile tugged at her lips. "Well, you'll be seeing me without it a whole lot more in the future," she grinned, putting her own hands on his arse and giving his cheeks a squeeze. "And I'll be seeing you out of your armour... which is a sight for sore eyes, I tell you." she bit her lip and tugged him close, putting her chin on his chest and looking up at him. "It's a damn shame you have to put your armour on now. I was enjoying looking at all these muscles of yours." she murmured, skirting her hands up his back again, letting out a happy sigh. They would be wed in a few hours, and she couldn't wait to set off.

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 09:08 AM
Cass,

nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

squeeeee!! *flails*
The archer's playful smile encouraged Farkas, and he fondled her backside more firmly, enjoying how it filled his hands. “Mmm. In that case I hold very high hopes for the future.” The deep rumble in his throat spoke of how much the prospect of seeing Eiruki sans armour pleased him. What pleased him even further was the compliment paid, the appreciation Eiruki evidently had for him and the body the Gods had granted him. The attention the Companion usually attracted was not often so admiring, towering as he did over most of his own kin.

Farkas grinned wolfishly as she gripped his arse, looking down at her as she gazed up at him, soft lip between her teeth, chin resting lightly on his chest. It was a sight he would never tire of, and it was one that effected him – as the archer likely knew – making his heart pick up pace. With Eiruki's body pressed against his he was reminded of just how different they were in size. No doubt the sight of them hand in hand, or even the knowledge that they were wed, would amuse some simpler minded folks. Not that Farkas cared what others thought. He might be one of the biggest Nords in Skyrim, Eiruki likely among the smallest, but they made it work. They made it work very, very well, in his humble opinion.

Perhaps putting on Eiruki's breastplate hadn't been such a good idea. Or maybe it was. Without it, there was a real chance he would have tumbled back into bed with her then and there. As tempting as that prospect was, today was first to be about wedding rather than bedding. Still, Farkas made a low contented sound as Eiruki's gentle fingers brushed the sensitive skin of his back in appreciation. In moments like this, he was clay in her hands. He wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight against him. The steel was cool but Farkas did not care, not when it meant he had Eiruki close. Bowing his head, he pressed a lingering kiss to her lips. “The next time you see these muscles, you'll be married to them.” Farkas smiled. “Let's finish getting you dressed first, though...”

Kneeling down before Eiruki, enjoying how close it brought them, Farkas' smile grew devilish. He leaned over and pulled her footwear towards him, his hand gliding up her thigh almost to the juncture between her legs. It could be under the pretence of helping her to balance but they both knew better than that; it too clearly echoed the night before. Farkas' other hand held each boot in place as she slipped into them. “It feels odd to be helping you into your armour instead of out of it.” He mumbled good-naturedly. It was different but not unpleasant, in fact he felt there was something rather tender and intimate in the act.

482 words.

--------------------

PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 9 2014, 02:32 PM
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 521 ▪ /squeals
She smiled fondly at him, mind slowly drifting off in to dreams of the future. They wouldn't just be Companions and shield-siblings after this day - not that they had been just that in a while - but husband and wife, fighting against bandits, sabre cats, the Silver Hand... anything Skyrim threw at them, they would face it together now. There had been a certain kind of intimacy before - those little moments where they fought and laughed and drank together, but so much more was to come in the years they would spend together. Grubby little bairns and knowledge to be learned and eventually passed on, the sharing in their beastblood, and at the end of it all, hopefully surrounded by grown up children, and hopefully even grandchildren, they would leave Nirn and head together to the Hunting Grounds, gratefully accepting their fate as hounds of Hircine.

He grinned his wolfish grin and Eiruki was in a right mind to drag him to the bed and have him right then and there again. All it would take is for both pairs of pesky breeches to be off and they could enjoy the morning. She would have done had they not had a place to be. Riften waited for them, Mara waited for them, as did the priest who would conduct their ceremony. They had to head off before the sun got too high if they wanted to make it back for tonight's feast, not that she wouldn't mind a small detour. Just so long as Eiruki had Farkas, they could end up anywhere and she would be happy.

She leaned back after the kiss and took in the view. "Mm, all mine... any barmaid looks at you in the wrong way will be a nice wee talking to from me." women were always curious about Farkas. She'd heard the chatter, the gossip, and usually ignored it unless they spoke of what laid between his legs. Then she would throw something at them and tell them to mind their own business - even before they had slept together, it had been her duty to keep the slender, pretty women away from him. It had been jealousy, in a way, thinking that they could win his heart and she would be left on the wayside. But that hadn't happened. She had won his heart, not some wench in a tavern. Besides, would he really have picked a sultry maiden over a battle-hardened archer? She wasn't actually at all sure of that answer.

He knelt down and slid his hand between her thighs and she shuddered slightly. Though the leather of the breeches dulled his touch slightly, she could still feel those strong fingers skimming across her skin and by the Nine, she could hardly hide her pleasure at having his hand near her womanhood. She pushed her feet in to her boots, snorting through her nose at Farkas' words. "You'll have plenty of time to help me back out when we get back," she laughed. "And for as long as we both live, too. No one else shall ever take me out of my armour again."

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 02:36 AM
Cass,

nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

ho hum, maybe we should have a wee time skip sometime soon?
“All yours.” Farkas agreed happily, smiling so widely that his eyes crinkled. He was already wholly Eiruki's, the kind heart he had kept hidden beneath steel plating now firmly in her keeping. Today's ceremony would simply make their union official and allow them to receive Mara's blessing. It would also mark the start of their lives together, though they had already been intertwined these past four years. The suggestion that women might pay him unwanted attention made the warrior cluck his tongue softly in disapproval. “The wedding band ought to deter them...” Praise the Divines for Eiruki, she would surely put them in their place. Farkas never quite knew what to do on those occasions when a barmaid made come-hither eyes at him. Some of them were so brazen, blatantly undressing him with their lustful glances. The worst were those that dared to approach him, speaking in double entrendres that often went over his head and only added to his discomfort. One such occasion came to mind. Almost a decade before, he and Vilkas had worked a job together in Windhelm and, while enjoying a well deserved pint, a wench had made her approach, enthralled by the fact they were twins. While not the sharpest sword on the rack, even Farkas grew suspicious of her intentions when she asked if they were 'the same in all ways' and purred that two men were always better than one, making the Companion cringe. It was preposterous. What on Nirn could a woman want with two men? Fortunately his tetchy brother tired of her chat and had sent her on her way with a few sharp words, while Farkas stared mutely into his pint, looking disconcerted. More often than not his shield-brothers simply laughed and left him to squirm – some of his shield-sisters too – but there had been times when Eiruki had spoken up when words left him. He was grateful for that. “And any man who looks at you the wrong way is going to get a bloody nose.” Talking was never Farkas' strong point and possibility that men might still make advances on Eiruki, even when she was his wife, made his blood boil. Not that the capable lass would necessarily need him to defend her honour, he would simply exercise his right as a husband to do so.

The reminder that he would be the only one now to peel away Eiruki's armour and what clothing lay beneath, that he would be the only one to know her body, soothed Farkas. “You honour me.” The words were quiet, sincere, laden with an emotion that was still new to him. Some men – and some women, Farkas supposed – feared marriage, likening it to a ball and chain that would weigh them down. Those were the men that made a sport of whoring, that said a man should champion three things in his life – women, wine and war. The Companion had never loved any of those, and did not feel that he had missed out. Marriage, to Farkas, sounded like belonging. Belonging with Eiruki, the two of them together, made them both stronger and opened up a whole future of possibilities. What could be finer than that? Than wedding his dearest friend, a fellow shield-sibling, and his great love? Cocking his head, gazing up at her, Farkas caressed the back of her thigh and thought of how much better it would feel without the barrier of leather between him and her soft skin. Eiruki was right though, as she so often was, there would be time enough for that later. He needed to get into gear. Literally.

Reluctantly, Farkas heaved himself to his feet, pausing briefly to adjust the waist of his breeches, and bent to press another kiss to Eiruki's lips. “Say goodbye to the muscles, now.” He smiled as he retrieved his own breastplate and began to fasten it into place, hiding his broad chest behind steel. Just a few hours would take them to Riften, hopefully the journey would be as peaceful and uneventful as you could hope for in Skyrim, and then they would be wed. Farkas couldn't wait.

695 words.

--------------------

PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 10:22 AM
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 539 ▪ yee timeskip~
One would think a wedding band would deter even the most determined of wenches, but she'd seen some in her time simply taking off the ring of the gentleman in their favour and hide it somewhere on their person while dragging the man to a room. Wenches could be deterred, but there were some damned stubborn ones. There had been some damned stubborn men seeking her favour too; a wedding band would hopefully deter any curious man seeking to bed the tiny Nord to find out how small she was underneath her armour. Farkas reassured her that any man who eyed her would receive a bloodied nose.

"You'll probably be lucky," Eiruki replied. "Haven't had a man want me since before I became a Companion. Guess the bow and the sword scare them all off." that, or she had been oblivious to their advances, and she liked to pick her men, and the men who wanted her were normally the scrawnier, nosier types, eager to pick off her armour piece by piece. Last time a man had dared touch her armour (or at least one who wasn't a Companion) she had knocked one of his teeth out with a quick punch. He had completely avoided her after that.

As a younger woman, travelling Tamriel with nothing but her armour, bow, sword and a few things, she had dreaded the though of settling down. She had yet to meet a man that really suited her, that meshed well with her size and personality. She had met some men she thought would have made a good husband - just not for her, really. The feeling had almost been instant when she had met Farkas, that first day in Jorrvaskr when she had been pitted against him by Kodlak to prove her worth. She had never met a Nord as large as he (only had she seen a Khajiit taller), and they had instantly hit it off and their friendship quickly formed. It was only natural that they seek comfort for one another. They had seen each other in both their highs and lows - she had seen him quaking like a bairn at the sight of spiders, he had seen her shake at the sight of the Falmer and their chaurus - and neither of them were ever truly cruel with their jests, or revealed their fears to the other Companions. There was no honour in that.

Farkas donned his armour and they shared a quick breakfast of bread and cheese, and they set off with high spirits. The road to Riften was long but their conversation kept a smile on Eiruki's face. They passed a Thalmor patrol and Eiruki hid her disgust - damned elves! - and for the while, it was quiet. As they rounded the mountain, they took a quick break to snack on an apple and rest their legs before they set off again. It didn't take too long to reach Riften - at the pace they had set they would be back to Whiterun before sunset - and Eiruki could barely hold in her excitement, giggling giddily. In only a few moments, they would be through the doors of Riften and heading to the Temple of Mara, and then they would be married.

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 01:12 PM
Cass,

nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

perfect, my dear! ~
It seemed to Farkas that it must be Eiruki's bow and sword that scared suitors off, or perhaps her sharp wit and even sharper tongue. Not all men were armed to deal with a woman with more spine and fire than themselves. Still, just as women sometimes gravitated to him because of his large size, men must surely gravitate to Eiruki because of her petite form. That, and because she was undeniably comely. With wide earthy eyes, a neat nose and lips that begged to be kissed, Eiruki was beautiful, and her fair face was framed with soft brown hair that was short enough – even shorter than his own – to be practical for a warrior. Beneath the bulk of her armour, beneath even the coverage of her breeches and tunic, Farkas knew and loved her small, rounded breasts, narrow waist and slight hips. Aye, if he could pick only one woman to look at for the rest of his days, it would be she. In fact, Eiruki was the only one he had ever truly had eyes for. Even over the past four years, when they had both played at being shield-siblings and nothing more, he had found himself inevitably drawn to the agile little archer. Their banter had occasionally strayed into sexual territory, with whatever lip he doled out being paid out in return, and he had never made a secret of how much he enjoyed the sight of her pert, shapely arse. It was out of jealousy, then, that Farkas was in fact glad that no man had sniffed around Eiruki since she had joined the Companions. It would have pained him to see her courting, to know that another had won her heart and claimed her body. Vaguely he wondered of those that had lain with her before him, though it was certainly not his business and not knowledge he was particularly keen to acquire. It was enough that they had each other now and for the rest of their days. She was his now, and he was hers.

They broke their fast in haste, no doubt equally eager to be on the road. It was still so early that the main hall had been empty as they ate and sated their thirst. The damp patch where Brandrel's body had been laid had fortunately dried out during the night, his clean sword placed by the weapons rack, waiting for Farkas to carry it to the lad's mother. That was a job for another day, however. The pair had conversed on the road, making the hours slip past, as they were wont to do for Farkas when he was in Eiruki's company. They spoke of the future, of the past, and of course their ever exciting present. The archer was lighter on her feet, matching his long strides with ease, and they set a fast pace but still took time to rest up along the way. Eiruki had had the forethought to pack apples for them and Farkas had never known fruit to taste so sweet. The sun was high in the sky by the time they approached their destination but they had made good time. With any luck, and with as smooth a journey home, they would be back in Jorrvaskr to sup with their shield-siblings before sundown.

When the walls of Riften at last loomed into sight, Farkas shot a look across at the giggling young woman beside him, a lopsided and excited smile on his face. “Last chance to fly, little sparrow.” He chuckled good-naturedly, briefly snaking an arm around Eiruki's shoulders and kissing the crown of her head. Of course she wouldn't spook, just as he wouldn't, they both wanted this and Farkas rather suspected they had both been dreaming of taking this step for quite some time. Gods how he disliked Riften though, how corruption had successfully permeated it at every level and how its stagnant water stank. The Temple of Mara is the only good thing about it. That and perhaps the Black-Briar Meadery. They passed through the gates, but not before the guard posted there first tried to extort a visitor's fee from them. A low growl from Farkas, threatening to bugger the bastard with his own dagger, was enough to see the man recoil and mutter insincere apologies. Bloody Riften. Bloody thieving scum. But neither was inconvenience enough to touch his sunny mood.

Now that they were mere moments away from the temple, the Companion unconsciously picked up pace. Brushing back locks of dark hair from his face, he peered down at Eiruki. “What happens when we get there, then? Do we need to speak with the priest first or do we just... do it?” Farkas would not mind having a conversation with the priest beforehand, but he felt he understood what his duties as a husband would entail. It would not be the first oath he had sworn. Just as he had pledged to be his best for the Companions and for the Circle, he would pledge to be his best for Eiruki. It put him in mind of the words that he would say when – not if – the time came for him to stand witness to Eiruki's courage, when he vouched for her and she at last entered the Circle: I would stand at her back, that the world might never overtake us.

899 words.

--------------------

PMWEBSITEAIM
^
eiruki steel-heart
 Posted: Jun 10 2014, 02:30 PM
cake,

warrior
nord
the companions
297 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

farkas ▪ 466 ▪ aaaaaaaaaaah
They neared the gates and Farkas said this was her last chance to run. She shook her head and laughed softly; she would have run for the hills by now if she hadn't wanted to marry Farkas. She had never been surer of anything in her life - she had been sure of her path in life, to follow her father's footsteps, and she would have done, had it not fallen through. She had been sure she would join the Companions, and she was damn pleased she did. Fate, though it had torn her father away from her, had instead turned her to Farkas. She only wished she had joined the Companions when her father had died - she would have known Farkas for nearly ten years, and they might already have wed by now. But fate did what fate did, and it had sent her south instead of north. Fate had kept Farkas from marrying another - though with his beastblood the likelihood of him getting close to anyone outside of the Companions would have been a rare occurence anyway.

The guard asked them for the usual entrance tax - no doubt a ruse by the Thieves' Guild. A growl and a threat of sodomy by dagger quickly ended that farce and the guard hastily unlocked the gate. Eiruki couldn't help but smirk; no one would stand up to Farkas (unless they were drunk or stupid, or both), and the guard gave them no more bother, only worryingly watching them as they entered Riften.

It wasn't a nice city. Full of thieves and beggars and other lower people. She clutched her bag with one hand, warily watching the strangers that wandered through the streets. No one had yet to dare steal a thing from her, but she wouldn't put it past them when she looked like a youngster rather than a woman who would stick an arrow in your eye for wronging her.

The temple of Mara was the only damn good thing about Riften. The thieves and beggars stayed away, sticky, quiet hands never straying to the things left for Mara. Farkas asked them what they would do when they got in there. The priest she had spoken to last time she was here - Maramal, was it? - said to come back when her suitor had said yes to arrange the ceremony.

"Well, we go in and tell the priest we want to be wed. Then he pretty much weds us, gives us our rings and we can be on our way." she shrugged, not entirely sure of what happened herself. Her mother had never really talked about it. "I think we swear ourselves to one another, too. Vows and... things like that?" Eiruki frowned. "We'll find out in a minute anyway, right?" she said, managing a bright smile.

--------------------

take me to wonderland ,
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (5) 1 2 3 ... Last »
ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

skinned by birgitte @ caution 2.0 and shine