• WELCOME
    call of dragons is a roleplay set in the province of skyrim in tamriel and the same time frame as the game. when registering, please do so in your character's name and register in all caps. if you could, sign into all of your accounts once a day, thank you. we're a welcoming community, so don't be afraid to say hi in the cbox. feel free to browse through our rules, plot, faq and basic lore threads, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

• STATS
    STAFF
    0 male, 3 female
    ALTMER
    1 male, 3 female
    ARGONIAN
    0 male, 0 female
    BOSMER
    1 male, 3 female
    BRETON
    1 male, 1 female
    DUNMER
    1 male, 1 female
    IMPERIAL
    1 male, 0 female
    KAHJIIT
    1 male, 0 female
    NORD
    10 male, 8 female
    ORSIMER
    1 male, 0 female
    REDGUARD
    0 male, 1 female
    TOTAL
    17 male, 17 female
    UPDATES
    may 12th | with the activity check now over, we have lost a few members, but are already gaining new ones! if you see any dead threads around with inactive users, please post them here, so a staff can move them to the archives!

may 4th | activity check has been posted! please go here for more details. plus, there have been a few new rules added. go here to see them. as well as post your alias to state that you have done so!

april 13th | admin charlie has stopped being a shithead and is back.

february 23 | admin robin hiatus until post-march 9th.

january 22nd | the second activity check has concluded - many thanks to those of you that participated. if you find any dead threads or posts from deleted members, please post here!

january 12th | the awards have been posted! congratulations to everyone to received one or more! thank you to everyone to participated! keep an eye out for our next activity check.

january 3rd | we are now in the voting process of picking our award winners! you can vote here! you have until january 10th to get them in!

january 1st | happy new year from the staff of COD!

december 28th | we just want to thank everyone who participated in the activity check! if you find any dead threads, please post it here! thank you! <3

december 27th | HAPPY FIRST MONTH, CALL OF DRAGONS!

december 19th | we are now starting our very first activity check! please be sure to post or else your account will be deleted!

december 9th | we officially have an open thread directory, which is located here. if you have an open thread that is yet to be claimed, post it here and it will be added!

december 1st | we officially have the beginnings of a playlist! you can listen to it here. if you want to add to it, post suggestions here.

november 26th | call of dragons has officially opened!

• THE STAFF
    charlie

brynjolf
    rosalind the kind
    mjoll the lioness
    dredhwen
    axel the wolf
    valgier strong-heart
    robin

aerin greenwood
    colborn blackheart
    NEREIÐUR
    noriion elsinian
    gabe

asya fairechild
    lirinisa elsinian
    farengar secret-fire
    godryc lionmane
    dìsa
  • AWARDS

TBA
    male

TBA
    female

TBA
    pair

TBA
    thread

TBA
  • CREDITS
    all credit for races, locations, lore & most images goes to bethesda. credit to all location, guild and lore descriptions go to uesp: skyrim, they're amaze-balls. all images used for editing credit to bethesda. all image, graphics and coding editing credit to charlie. mini profile credit to becky of atf. i think that covers everything! please don't sue...

END OF AWARD VOTING
- DAY : - HR : - MIN : - SEC

ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

An unfamiliar face, (tag Asya)
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 24 2014, 10:04 PM
"MAY IT BE AN EVENING STAR SHINES DOWN UPON YOU. MAY IT BE WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOUR HEART WILL BE TRUE. YOU WALK A LONELY ROAD, OH HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM HOME."
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
neutral with stormcloak sympathies
N/A
is Offline.

After explaining her reason for being at Solitude - omitting the part of nearly facing her end inside a Daedric shrine - and waiting for the gates to open, the half-Altmer slowly stumbled through the gates into what looked like a rather large city. Thanks to having been 'employed' of sorts by Meridia, Alasse had a decent view of where the city lay, so she figured there would be a better place to recover and possibly look around; the last city she had been in was Whiterun, so here was a nice change of pace...Solitude looked secure, anyway.

There was a tavern close by, called the Winking Skeever. What was it with inns and taverns having the strangest, uninviting names? One would think to make them more welcoming, something like 'Hearth's Glow' or something of that nature? Even though she had used her healing magic on her shoulder, the wound from Malkoran and his shades ached a bit still, so she headed toward the tavern - uninviting name and all. Closing the door as she entered, she made sure the hood of her cloak was down exposing her face so no one would think her a spy or some sort, and she made sure Dawnbreaker was hidden under the fabric of the cloak. She wasn't sure how well people would take to seeing a rather shiny and brilliant artifact from the Lady of Infinite Energies in such an Imperial-heavy city. The soldiers and their armor said as much, even though their words hadn't caught her ears yet.

Digging out what little money she managed to retrieve from the shrine, Alasse requested some cold milk and something to eat. While waiting for the food and drink to be delivered, the brunette used her healing magic on her shoulder once again, to try and ease the ache a bit more. Hopefully she wouldn't attract the wrong sort of attention...

--------------------
PM
^
▲ASYA FAIRECHILD
 Posted: Apr 24 2014, 10:31 PM
there will come a time you'll see with no more tears and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears get over your hill and see what you'll find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
gabrielle,

bard
▲bosmer
N/A
35 posts
imperial legion
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image
right as rain + soft as snow

if she was being honest - which she was, almost always - asya didn't much care to venture beyond the walls of solitude. part of her did, and she supposed that part of her was the bit that was truly fully elven. there had been a time when her family lived as roamers, her father using his incredible skill as a fletcher to make ends meet. it hadn't been a rewarding life, and asya didn't remember any of it, but sometimes she felt like she missed things that she couldn't even recalls. she thought, some nights when she was up with the threat of nightmares looming heavy over her heart, she missed things like the wind whispering through fern-like tree leaves and the smell of fresh dirt and grass, and the warmth that came with traveling in a caravan and falling asleep tucked between two warm bodies.

she couldn't access those memories if she tried or even wanted to, but she didn't want to anyway. asya had worked hard for years to put every thought of her family behind her and leave those memories in the rubble of her home in markarth, where she left a piece of herself, too.

she was restless that night, though, and that's why she'd slipped out of the house, silent as a wraith. her footfalls were light and almost non-existent against the cobblestone as she moved. the winking skeever invited and beckoned to her with its glittering golden windows and the sign swinging lightly in the breeze; what solace she couldn't find in her own bed, she could surely find in some form of interesting conversation with a traveler. sometimes she just sat down and talked with vorstag, and sometimes she just sat quietly by herself, wondering if she was going to make a habit out of visiting taverns late at night.

upon stepping into the tavern, she was greeted with familiarity by a few voices, "evening, miss greenwood," and "isn't it a bit late, lass?", similar phrases that she just politely brushed away. her quick, articulate poet's gaze was immediately attracted to the glitter of some kind of - well, it was a sword, accompanying a young woman, and gods be good if asya hadn't ever see anything quite so intriguing.

she was curious, and intellectual, but not tactless; she moved up quietly behind the older woman and cleared her throat, offering a friendly smile.

"excuse me," she ventured, "and pardon my intrusion. i couldn't help but notice that you aren't from around here. i would know, i think, i spend a lot of time people watching here and you're not anyone i recognize -"

she paused a moment, realizing that she had been rambling, and cleared her throat more shyly now.

"i'm asya f-" she paused. "asya g-reenwood. yes. and you are?"

notes: woop hope this works!

--------------------
and after the storm i run and run as the rains come and i look up i look up on my knees and out of luck i look up night has always pushed up day you must know life to see decay but i won't rot i won't rot not this mind and not this heart i won't rot and i took you by the hand and we stood tall and remembered our own land what we lived for and there will come a time you'll see with no more tears and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fearsget over your hill and see what you find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair ----------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 24 2014, 10:44 PM
"MAY IT BE AN EVENING STAR SHINES DOWN UPON YOU. MAY IT BE WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOUR HEART WILL BE TRUE. YOU WALK A LONELY ROAD, OH HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM HOME."
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

The food and drink had arrived, much to the half-elf's relief. Graciously thanking the host and sliding an extra septim in gratitude, Alasse bowed her head and said a silent prayer to the Divines for the meal, no matter how meager it seemed to be. It was always right to give praise where it was warranted, especially so after surviving the horror of what once previously was causing an unholy blight within the shrine. Just as she had finished, a soft voice cleared its throat from behind, causing the woman to turn around and address the individual.

Giving a soft smile of her own, Alasse replied, "Is it that obvious that I am not from this part of Skyrim? You would be right. I am just another weary traveler, finding a more suitable shelter at this time of night, although I nearly had to plead with the guard at the gate to let me in. For some reason he thought I was another 'barbaric Nord'...that is, until I gave my name." Gesturing to the empty space across from her, the brunette listened as the woman gave her name. A second look revealed that she was an elf like herself in some ways...and yet not. A Bosmer, perhaps? At the name given - the half-Altmer caught the correction in the last name - Alasse bowed her head and answered. "Alasse Dorthonion. I was born and raised here in Skyrim, not far from its borders. And I am actually used to similar looks, but for another reason entirely." With that, she tucked some hair behind her ear - clearly pointed and very elven despite her brown hair and storm-blue eyes that she inherited from her Nord father.

--------------------
PM
^
▲ASYA FAIRECHILD
 Posted: Apr 25 2014, 09:40 AM
there will come a time you'll see with no more tears and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fears get over your hill and see what you'll find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
gabrielle,

bard
▲bosmer
N/A
35 posts
imperial legion
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

even after five years of living with the greenwoods, she wasn't accustomed to people referring to her as asya greenwood, or even to calling herself that. she wasn't accustomed to any of it. she loved the bustle of solitude and the warmth that she received from her adoptive father and brother, but both of the women in the greenwood family seemed to have a distinct distaste for her - whether it was because she had been an unannounced guest in their home all those years ago, or because she was an elf, or because she was too nice, she didn't know. and she didn't want their approval. oh, perhaps a little bit of her wished that aerin didn't hate her so; but when it came to the matriarch of the greenwood family, asya could have cared less.

her smiled warmed considerably when the woman turned around and spoke kindly to her. asya had investigated many an interesting traveler in the winking skeever; plenty of them told her to piss off because it wasn't any of her business. a few were kind. she had an innocent look about her that implied nothing but curiosity, which was, perhaps, the most accurate representation of who asya fairechild was.

"it's nice to meet you, my lady," asya replied politely, taking the seat offered graciously and settling into it with comfort. "indeed, i would not be too offended of my watching you, if you are - i watch most everybody that walks through solitude, if i can." she ventured a bright, sunny smile, inspecting alasse's features with an intelligent gaze. she was clearly not full elf, and not full nord; some mix, she presumed. "it's merely not very often that i see another mer in her - we get all kinds in solitude, but - not many are very friendly!"

--------------------
and after the storm i run and run as the rains come and i look up i look up on my knees and out of luck i look up night has always pushed up day you must know life to see decay but i won't rot i won't rot not this mind and not this heart i won't rot and i took you by the hand and we stood tall and remembered our own land what we lived for and there will come a time you'll see with no more tears and love will not break your heart but dismiss your fearsget over your hill and see what you find there with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair ----------------------------------------------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 25 2014, 03:41 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

'My lady'...Alasse never expected to hear those words directed at her, considering there have been far less kinder words thrown in her direction before. 'Traitor' being the most common, along with a few derogatory terms as well due to her beliefs. "I am no one of noble birth, I assure you. My mother resided in the Summerset Isles, but due to having married my father she decided to leave for her own safety as well as his. No one of 'pure birth' is favored upon, at least that is the impression I get from either side." She sighed quietly as Asya took a seat. "As I said, I am quite used to being looked at, although this time I never expected to have someone greet me in a kind manner as you did just now."

The brunette nodded upon hearing that most Mer weren't exactly pleasant. Knowing it was dangerous to even speak on such a subject, Alasse glanced quickly before leaning to whisper, "Only those that despise opposition and want nothing less than 'perfection and 'obedience''. My mother often mentioned that back home it was nearly drilled into every young Altmer that they were 'children of the gods' and that their bloodlines had to remain 'pure', which was probably why they decided to settle on an island instead of being part of the world as a whole. At least on the mainland we can travel and see new places and meet new people...but it is as if the Altmer refuse to accept change...even in beliefs."

--------------------
PM
^
▲ASYA FAIRECHILD
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 09:16 AM
gabrielle,

bard
▲bosmer
N/A
35 posts
imperial legion
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

asya had always been taught - not only by the greenwood patriarch, but also by her own parents - to talk to others as if they were equal or higher than you. it was only kindness. this wasn't submission; it was etiquette. either way, this woman, by decree of the food chain, was technically higher than her. asya was a bosmer, and by the ruling in skyrim, both nords and altmer were at the top of the food chain, battling it out for the number one spot. this woman seemed to be a mixture of both (however weird that combination may have seemed - an altmer and a nord had dropped prejudice long enough to have a child? what a foreign idea). it was only instinct for her to refer to the traveler as my lady. it just sort, well, came out.

"not everybody is as - polite as i am," she amended after a minute, loathe to imply that she was kind because she was no bragger. "but i have found that the easiest ways to ask people questions is by being kind to them. travelers are not so receptive when you are cruel!" she laughed at the thought. how people got information by torture was a mystery to her - if someone wanted the pain to stop, wouldn't they say just about anything to get it to be halted? there was a saying - you attract more flies with honey than vinegar, or something like that.

"i haven't met many altmer before," asya ventured uneasily. "they always are rather uninterested in me. of course, i am not someone of importance, like the general or jarl elisif - just a bard, that is all. how long have you been in skyrim? and where are your parents? are they still here?"

she hoped the woman didn't mind her inquisitive nature - sometimes it was like her kindness, spilling out before she could stop or think twice about it.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Apr 28 2014, 09:39 AM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

"Your parents have taught you well then." She replied. "And I agree; there isn't much kindness these days, with talk of war and the rumors of dragons showing up again. We all need to band together if we are to weather the storm ahead, instead of arguing who is king and who is a 'traitor'." How could people even so such a thing is beyond her; events tended to be blown out of proportion rather quickly, or distorted to make them seem more unbelievable than they truly were. But hearing the Bosmer mention she was no one of importance and 'just a bard' made her shake her head. "You are important enough. Your music makes people merry, a chance to forget the world's troubles for a brief moment. It can inspire bravery, or tell epic tales of days gone by for the children to dream about at night. I am merely a traveler, and a healer of sorts."

The discussion then switched to how long she had been in Skyrim, and if her family still lived. "As far as I can remember, I have lived in Skyrim all my life, almost a hundred years have passed since my birth. My mother still lives, but my father...he died during the First War. I know it seems odd when hearing two opposing sides coming together and having a family, but love has done stranger things...and wonderful things as well. Both of my parents taught me to respect all cultures, that we are all equal in some way regardless of the differences. We all bleed when cut, we all feel sadness and joy, anger and happiness. We are born, we live our allotted time, and we die. It matters not if we are Man or Mer."

--------------------
PM
^
▲ASYA FAIRECHILD
 Posted: May 1 2014, 08:09 AM
gabrielle,

bard
▲bosmer
N/A
35 posts
imperial legion
N/A
is Offline.

user posted image

race, in terms of importance because of had never seemed very important to asya. she wasn't blind to the prejudices against her race or the races of others; she didn't miss the way the khajiit were forced to stay outside of cities most of the time when they came in their traveling bands, even though they had always been kind enough to her when she'd gone out to inquire after them. for the longest time, she had been ignorant to the different feelings about her own race - even when she was little, and parents pulled their children away from her (that's the fletcher's daughter, see her ears?) she didn't quite understand it.

coming back home those five years ago and finding her house burned to the ground and her family dead, she understood it.

she could have been embittered by it, maybe; and she was for a while, but it didn't stay that way for long. it hurt to be so angry all the time. she didn't know how people did it.

"my music doesn't make anyone merry yet!" asya protested light-heartedly. "i haven't left the college. i'm still in training, you see. but i get enough practice annoying my sister with all of my singing." she grinned, and then paused to listen when alasse went on to explain her family and their whereabouts.

"that is very sad, that you don't have a papa anymore," she ventured after a moment, sobered by the thoughts that were swimming in her head. "i don't have a papa anymore either - or a mother, for that matter. the greenwoods adopted me. it's not really my last name."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: May 3 2014, 05:00 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

"Even so, I'm certain your music will make people happy." She replied, still giving that serene smile, even chuckling as Asya mentioned 'annoying' her sister. "I'm sure she appreciates it even despite the 'annoyance'. Music helps elevate the soul, at least I believe so anyways." Alasse took up a knife and cut into the piece of cheese before slicing the apple into wedges. "Would you care for some? I am more than happy to share, since I already paid for it."

As far as race was concerned, Alasse didn't mind the looks people gave her; she knew she was different. The half-Altmer also knew that she would be getting such looks for the rest of her days, and knew she would probably get an equal amount of hatred from both sides of the spectrum. She didn't care though; she knew the truth of it...that if given enough time and understanding even an Altmer and a Nord can find happiness and love. And the brunette was proof of that. And the Nine Divines take pity on whoever didn't understand. So Alasse would go through life trying to show others that it's okay to be different...that Man or Mer didn't matter in the end.

Hearing that Asya was adopted by the Greenwood family, Alasse's smile vanished for a moment before bowing her head. "I am sorry for your loss, however long ago it has been." She spoke, murmuring a soft plea to the Divines to watch over Asya's parents. "I am certain that your family - of your blood or not - loves you just the same. But enough of somber thoughts and dreary memories; this is the first time I have been in Solitude. For a main hold of Skyrim, the name isn't very suitable for such a bustling city. And what is the bard's college about?" She asked, her curiosity pushing her to ask such a question, especially since Asya herself mentioned being a part of it.

--------------------
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

skinned by birgitte @ caution 2.0 and shine