• WELCOME
    call of dragons is a roleplay set in the province of skyrim in tamriel and the same time frame as the game. when registering, please do so in your character's name and register in all caps. if you could, sign into all of your accounts once a day, thank you. we're a welcoming community, so don't be afraid to say hi in the cbox. feel free to browse through our rules, plot, faq and basic lore threads, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

• STATS
    STAFF
    0 male, 3 female
    ALTMER
    1 male, 3 female
    ARGONIAN
    0 male, 0 female
    BOSMER
    1 male, 3 female
    BRETON
    1 male, 1 female
    DUNMER
    1 male, 1 female
    IMPERIAL
    1 male, 0 female
    KAHJIIT
    1 male, 0 female
    NORD
    10 male, 8 female
    ORSIMER
    1 male, 0 female
    REDGUARD
    0 male, 1 female
    TOTAL
    17 male, 17 female
    UPDATES
    may 12th | with the activity check now over, we have lost a few members, but are already gaining new ones! if you see any dead threads around with inactive users, please post them here, so a staff can move them to the archives!

may 4th | activity check has been posted! please go here for more details. plus, there have been a few new rules added. go here to see them. as well as post your alias to state that you have done so!

april 13th | admin charlie has stopped being a shithead and is back.

february 23 | admin robin hiatus until post-march 9th.

january 22nd | the second activity check has concluded - many thanks to those of you that participated. if you find any dead threads or posts from deleted members, please post here!

january 12th | the awards have been posted! congratulations to everyone to received one or more! thank you to everyone to participated! keep an eye out for our next activity check.

january 3rd | we are now in the voting process of picking our award winners! you can vote here! you have until january 10th to get them in!

january 1st | happy new year from the staff of COD!

december 28th | we just want to thank everyone who participated in the activity check! if you find any dead threads, please post it here! thank you! <3

december 27th | HAPPY FIRST MONTH, CALL OF DRAGONS!

december 19th | we are now starting our very first activity check! please be sure to post or else your account will be deleted!

december 9th | we officially have an open thread directory, which is located here. if you have an open thread that is yet to be claimed, post it here and it will be added!

december 1st | we officially have the beginnings of a playlist! you can listen to it here. if you want to add to it, post suggestions here.

november 26th | call of dragons has officially opened!

• THE STAFF
    charlie

brynjolf
    rosalind the kind
    mjoll the lioness
    dredhwen
    axel the wolf
    valgier strong-heart
    robin

aerin greenwood
    colborn blackheart
    NEREIÐUR
    noriion elsinian
    gabe

asya fairechild
    lirinisa elsinian
    farengar secret-fire
    godryc lionmane
    dìsa
  • AWARDS

TBA
    male

TBA
    female

TBA
    pair

TBA
    thread

TBA
  • CREDITS
    all credit for races, locations, lore & most images goes to bethesda. credit to all location, guild and lore descriptions go to uesp: skyrim, they're amaze-balls. all images used for editing credit to bethesda. all image, graphics and coding editing credit to charlie. mini profile credit to becky of atf. i think that covers everything! please don't sue...

END OF AWARD VOTING
- DAY : - HR : - MIN : - SEC

ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

Giant hunting, Farkas, Aela
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 1 2014, 03:08 PM
"Hey wolf moon, come and cast your spell on me" -Type O negative
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela The Huntress, Kate Beckinsale, 25, Werewolf, Companion

The woods rippled with life, small prey animals darting here and there; then fleeing upon her approach. Honestly she was getting that instinctual urge to hunt buzzing through her veins, the wolf inside her urging, whining, pleading to get out. But she was already hunting bigger game. If she wasn't, and Farkas wasn't here she'd let herself go wild, chase the rabbits and deer. Probably end up rolling around in the long grass, grunting and flailing happily. Not that she'd have let anyone she know see something like that intentionally. She didn't want people to think she'd gone nuts; although she was close, and very, very fond to the beast blood inside her.

Crouching softly, her bright eyes skimmed across the leafy floor. Well, not that it wasn't hard to spot the huge footprints stomped into the grass undergrowth. Even to someone who was inexperienced with tracking; it was obvious what huge beast had been through here.. branches lay shattered around the seat of their owners, a young sapling creaked feebly in the cool breeze, snapped to one side as if it was nothing.

A Giant. Rogue at that.

The huntress straightened and glanced over to her shield- brother with an almost excited, hungry look the hunter occasionally got when conflict was on mind. " Well the beast is dumb enough to make itself known to the world..." She sighed a little, looking up at the sun with a squint as she looked at how low it was getting in the sky.

"What say you, brother? We wait for dark to bring it down?" Aela asked calmly. Opinions were always best, after all...she wasn't going to make a decision her brother didn't feel comfortable with, and end up getting both of them killed. No, the auburn haired Archer was a little wiser than charging right in.

Her blue eyes darted to the dark haired, tall and stocky man she named and trusted as shield brother.... the man wasn't as unintelligent as he perhaps thought, she knew the others teased him, but they weren't always serious. Farkas had a mind of his own, didn't mean he had no idea what he was doing. She just hoped he knew they were kidding around when they remarked with nicknames. He was a kind hearted warrior, and whilst his twin brother displayed more knowledge, Farkas never seemed the one to be a know-it-all, nor show off about it. In a way she kinda liked that.

Not to say anything bad about his brother, she loved both of them as brothers. They'd been there even before her, as youths...and that had to be respected.

made by rachel of sds and caution

For more information, Check her profile here ---> http://callofdragons.b1.jcink.com/index.ph...st=0&#entry3152

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jul 2 2014, 06:58 AM
I howled at the moon with friends, And then the sun came crashing in,  But all the possibilities,  No limits just epiphanies,  I'm never gonna look back,  Woah, never gonna give it up,  No, just don't wake me now,  This is gonna be the best day of my life.
Cass,

shield brother & circle member
nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

we've been fighting with the wolves.
There was an ache upon the Companion. It was one which did not visit often, but raised its head regularly enough that Farkas was sure it would always be part of the fabric of his life. His joints were the target, particularly his knees. This morning he had patiently steeped linens in hot water and peppermint oil before meticulously wrapping them around the afflicted areas. Even now he wore them beneath his leathers and armour, though they had long since gone cold and a dull ache was slowly returning. His brother Vilkas said that it was because he had grown so large, that because Farkas was so heavy and broad his thick bones occasionally grumbled about their burden. It was nothing serious, nothing that would keep him from hunting down this rogue giant. Later he might even ask someone to rub the remaining stiffness from his shoulders... one of the newer recruits, Eiruki, came to mind unbidden - though she would probably make a face at him if he requested such a favour from her.

Aela was leading the way, being far better at tracking than he was, though even dim-eyed Farkas could see where the giant had cut a rough path through the undergrowth. His attention strayed from the trail to the capable woman crouching expertly, reading the signs of their quarry. She seemed so much more content in her skin, her keen eyes bright and focused. Did she suffer from nightmares as he did? Perhaps because she accepted and celebrated Hircine's gift her dreams were simply of the hunt, of the thrill of the chase. The 'wolf in Farkas nipped at him incessantly, whispering that it would be so very easy to take down the giant as a beast. Unlike Aela, Farkas was not comfortable with his beast blood, and he swallowed down the urges and did his best to ignore them.

His shield-sister had a hungry expression of anticipation as she turned to look at him, the sinking sun casting shadows across her war-painted face. If he had to guess, Farkas would say it was not only out of thoroughness and respect that Aela asked his opinion, but kindness too. His own inky paint disguised the dark circles beneath his eyes as he turned his gaze to the sky. They would not need to wait long for dusk and gloom. "Aye, let's wait for dark. See if we can't take this brute by surprise. " Lycantropy blessed them both with heightened senses and the darkness would give them an advantage. Farkas returned his gaze to his shield-sister, gesturing vaguely to their surroundings with a large gauntleted hand. "Looks like the damn thing was in a hurry. Or a fury. Even I could track this mess." Truth be told, the Companion was not particularly fond of killing giants. For the most part they were peaceful creatures, wanting nothing more than to be left alone with their beloved mammoths. But now and again one would go rogue, growing aggressive and unpredictable, with the potential to cause all sorts of damage to people, livestock and property alike - such as this one had. When a dangerous being went bad, it needed putting down.

504 words.

--------------------

Some people don't think I'm smart.

They get my fist. But you, I like.

Application | Plotter | Tracker | Join the Companions
PMWEBSITEAIM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 09:14 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

ALL MY LIFE AND THE HEREAFTER
I've never seen, seen one like you
YOU'RE A KNIFE, SHARP AND DEADLY
user posted image
narration , speech , thoughts

--------------------

Aela nodded quietly to the stocky man. He agreed with her. Night was when both of them were at their strongest. There were so many beautiful ways to approach, to sneak up on their prey and take it down. She was hoping to in her human form; after all there was nothing wrong with a challenge, but....she knew her beast form wanted a go.

The animal surge inside her was strong, and hungry..and everything craving this hunt. It seemed to prowl in her mind, in her ever twitch of an eye movement. But, she was the one who hunted, not her. That side of her was a part of her, but it was not in control of her; nor did she allow it to torment her any. She saw it as a beautiful gift, and even the dreams weren't so bad. They made her restless at night, even though she'd seen plenty of gore.......

There was still nothing more of a rush that hunting through the eyes of a wolf. The chase, the fight, the tearing; the challenge. Hircine called her to hunt this Giant...and she knew she'd enjoy every second of the fight.

Seeming quiet for a long while, she blinked free from her trail of thought and stood running a hand through her auburn hair and breathed out softly, looking to Farkas with a light smile.
    “Yes....a fury of sorts....I'm not sure why, but something told me the person who came to us had something to do with it. Giants are usually so calm...No doubt the man offended this one greatly..somehow.” She pondered out loud, moving up the hill a little ways, knowing the Giant camp was nearby; but not yet in sight...She didn't want to risk sitting around too close before nightfall.

Watching him, she plunked her butt on one of the fallen logs, leaning back against the trunk of another large, strong looking tree and smirked a little, the teasing expression on her face again and a bit of a glimmer in her eyes. “So....I noticed you and our new addition seem to be spending a lot of time together” The huntress grinned with a playful expression, kicking her feet up on the branch, watching the light slowly fading in the distance as the sun went down.

Didn't mean they couldn't have time to natter on. She wasn't usually one for prying in other peoples business, seeing as she wasn't too fond of it herself, but she asked anyhow.

“I haven't seen her train yet.” She added, not knowing that much about her, honestly. She'd be forever curious until she saw the whelp in action with her own eyes.

--------------------

AND IT'S ME THAT YOU CUT INTO
but i don't mind, in fact i like it
THOUGH I'M TERRIFIED, I'M TURNED ON AND SCARED OF YOU. SHE'S A MONSTER, BEAUTIFUL MONSTER.

[align=left]
    Farkas :3
    Wilderness
    Sorry this took so long to reply! x

[/align]

template by _huhwhat? @ caution 2.0
lyrics by Ne-Yo - Beautiful Monster

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
FARKAS
 Posted: Jul 5 2014, 02:42 PM
I howled at the moon with friends, And then the sun came crashing in,  But all the possibilities,  No limits just epiphanies,  I'm never gonna look back,  Woah, never gonna give it up,  No, just don't wake me now,  This is gonna be the best day of my life.
Cass,

shield brother & circle member
nord
companions
353 posts
neutral
werewolf
is Offline.

we've been fighting with the wolves.
Aela looked thoughtful, which did not come as much surprise to Farkas. His shield-sister was smart, after all. Perhaps she was not an academic like Vilkas, but she certainly had a lot going on between her ears – she was sharp – you had only to look at her eyes to see it. Whether she was mulling over the hunt, or something else altogether, the warrior could not guess and he shifted his considerable weight, gaze drifting off in the direction of the trail. Then the huntress spoke, and it seemed it was their quarry that played on her mind. Farkas breathed a sigh. A sad and unfortunate thing, really, that the man who had come complaining to Jorrvaskr about this Giant might have been the one to trigger its unexpected behaviour. But they had been given their assignment and the Companions would receive gold for its completion. The Giant had to die.

Following Aela's lead, Farkas sat heavily, spreading his broad hands on the leaf-strewn ground, stretching his long legs out before him and briefly allowing his head to drop so that he could stretch his back beneath the steel-plating of his armour. It was only when he straightened and relaxed that he caught the mischievous look in his shield-sister's fair face. Uh oh. Such an expression usually meant she knew something he didn't, though that was admittedly a common enough occurrence. Tilting his head quizzically, Farkas waited for the reveal, and when it came he found himself briefly averting his gaze and shyly tugging on a stray lock of his hair.

“Who, the Steel-Heart lass?” Farkas played for nonchalant, knowing full well who Aela was referring to, but his faint smile and body language gave him away. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the huntress adjust her position on the log, every movement speaking of confidence and a fluid grace that was part birth-given gift and part practice. Not long ago Eiruki had turned up on their doorstep, determined to find a place at their hall. Farkas himself had been pitted against the petite Nord and, although he was far larger and more powerful than she, he had testified to her strength and determination. The young woman was a curious thing, so damn small and an all round firecracker, yet he had the feeling she was somewhat intimidated by him. Most new recruits were, to begin with. He hoped to show her there was no need to fear him, either for his seniority or his size. Why it mattered, Farkas dared not give much thought to.

Farkas smiled back crookedly and shrugged his wide shoulders, making his pauldrons click faintly. “Got to make newcomers feel welcome, right?” They would pass the time until sundown with banter. Aela was easy enough to talk to, any teasing was made in good taste, and there was no harm in her observation. He had been spending quite a bit of time with the recent recruit, he just hadn't realised it had been noticed. “She's good.” Farkas remarked, perhaps a touch too candidly, and quickly continued. “Well, I'm no archer, but it seems to me she's got a keen eye. You should hunt with her sometime. She'd only get better with your guidance.” Aela was undoubtedly the finest bowman amongst the Companions. If there was any Eiruki could learn from, it was she.

562 words.

--------------------

Some people don't think I'm smart.

They get my fist. But you, I like.

Application | Plotter | Tracker | Join the Companions
PMWEBSITEAIM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 11 2014, 11:34 AM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

ALL MY LIFE AND THE HEREAFTER
I've never seen, seen one like you
YOU'RE A KNIFE, SHARP AND DEADLY
user posted image

[align=center]--------------------

Aela lent further back against the tree, pressing her eyes closed and breathing in the lovely cool Skyrim air as it brushed across her face, before opening them again and casting a rather childish expression to her shield brother. Childish was an expression she hadn't shown in a long, long time.

She grinned a bit, swinging the foot what wasn't propped up on a branch. “Of course, Always willing to make then newcomers welcome.” She chuckled a bit with a typical womanly knowing tone. It wasn't hard to tell when Farkas liked someone, wasn't hard to tell when he liked them in a different way either. In a way she thought it was kind of cute, and she was going to take advantage teasing him about it, as a friend would.

The air was getting colder, drifting in from the snow covered north, and she glanced up at the sky; keeping an eye on how it was darkening. Night was fast approaching, and they could make their attack on the Giant as it rested.

“I'll have to see her in action. She might be short but, I see determination in her; I’ll see how she is with a bow”
    She smiled a bit to him. To her, it was good Farkas was interested. He tended to hang around with his twin brother a lot, and she'd always thought finding someone would be good for him.

“I'm sure she'll go far at jorvaskar, not like a few of the arrogant whelps that have been kicked onto their behind and put in their place.”
    She chuckled a bit, watching the sky still. “I can tell you like the girl.” She teased with a smirk.

--------------------

AND IT'S ME THAT YOU CUT INTO
but i don't mind, in fact i like it
THOUGH I'M TERRIFIED, I'M TURNED ON AND SCARED OF YOU. SHE'S A MONSTER, BEAUTIFUL MONSTER.

[align=right]
    Wordcount362
    TagFarkas
    PlaceWilderness
    Notes<3

[/align]

template by _huhwhat? @ caution 2.0
lyrics by Ne-Yo - Beautiful Monster

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

skinned by birgitte @ caution 2.0 and shine