• WELCOME
    call of dragons is a roleplay set in the province of skyrim in tamriel and the same time frame as the game. when registering, please do so in your character's name and register in all caps. if you could, sign into all of your accounts once a day, thank you. we're a welcoming community, so don't be afraid to say hi in the cbox. feel free to browse through our rules, plot, faq and basic lore threads, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

• STATS
    STAFF
    0 male, 3 female
    ALTMER
    1 male, 3 female
    ARGONIAN
    0 male, 0 female
    BOSMER
    1 male, 3 female
    BRETON
    1 male, 1 female
    DUNMER
    1 male, 1 female
    IMPERIAL
    1 male, 0 female
    KAHJIIT
    1 male, 0 female
    NORD
    10 male, 8 female
    ORSIMER
    1 male, 0 female
    REDGUARD
    0 male, 1 female
    TOTAL
    17 male, 17 female
    UPDATES
    may 12th | with the activity check now over, we have lost a few members, but are already gaining new ones! if you see any dead threads around with inactive users, please post them here, so a staff can move them to the archives!

may 4th | activity check has been posted! please go here for more details. plus, there have been a few new rules added. go here to see them. as well as post your alias to state that you have done so!

april 13th | admin charlie has stopped being a shithead and is back.

february 23 | admin robin hiatus until post-march 9th.

january 22nd | the second activity check has concluded - many thanks to those of you that participated. if you find any dead threads or posts from deleted members, please post here!

january 12th | the awards have been posted! congratulations to everyone to received one or more! thank you to everyone to participated! keep an eye out for our next activity check.

january 3rd | we are now in the voting process of picking our award winners! you can vote here! you have until january 10th to get them in!

january 1st | happy new year from the staff of COD!

december 28th | we just want to thank everyone who participated in the activity check! if you find any dead threads, please post it here! thank you! <3

december 27th | HAPPY FIRST MONTH, CALL OF DRAGONS!

december 19th | we are now starting our very first activity check! please be sure to post or else your account will be deleted!

december 9th | we officially have an open thread directory, which is located here. if you have an open thread that is yet to be claimed, post it here and it will be added!

december 1st | we officially have the beginnings of a playlist! you can listen to it here. if you want to add to it, post suggestions here.

november 26th | call of dragons has officially opened!

• THE STAFF
    charlie

brynjolf
    rosalind the kind
    mjoll the lioness
    dredhwen
    axel the wolf
    valgier strong-heart
    robin

aerin greenwood
    colborn blackheart
    NEREIÐUR
    noriion elsinian
    gabe

asya fairechild
    lirinisa elsinian
    farengar secret-fire
    godryc lionmane
    dìsa
  • AWARDS

TBA
    male

TBA
    female

TBA
    pair

TBA
    thread

TBA
  • CREDITS
    all credit for races, locations, lore & most images goes to bethesda. credit to all location, guild and lore descriptions go to uesp: skyrim, they're amaze-balls. all images used for editing credit to bethesda. all image, graphics and coding editing credit to charlie. mini profile credit to becky of atf. i think that covers everything! please don't sue...

END OF AWARD VOTING
- DAY : - HR : - MIN : - SEC

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

The undead issue, tag. Alasse
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 16 2014, 07:27 PM
"Hey wolf moon, come and cast your spell on me" -Type O negative
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela sniffed the air a little. The scent of the dead rose from the nearby cave; the musty, old stink filling her nostrils. As a werewolf, even in her human form she had good senses, not that anyone wouldn't recognize the stink of draugr. The old, leathery skin wasn't rotten, but simply old and manky. The place they were buried reeked of when they were rotten, and she hated it.

From what she'd been told there had been people going missing, rumors of the sights of vampires and draugr in the old cavern. Perhaps it was linked to a crypt?

Carefully, Aela slid a glass arrow into the notch of her ebony bow, testing the string a little to make sure the bow was tampered properly. She should probably be with one of her shield siblings, but pickings had been tough...she also knew she had her beast form should she be very desperate.

The beast inside her prowled madly. It was daylight....why day? Why not night? let them fear the night for once. "I doubt they're scared of the dark" she commented mentally to that side of herself, which seemed to grumble and sulk a bit as if offended. That urge to hunt was such a surge though....she;d been hunting for days, getting deer and other animals like rabbits and birds to eat. Her backpack was full of skinned and De-feathered animals, hunks of fresh venison wrapped in cloth. The beast blood was tempting with the smell of the blood still in her nose.

Honestly she didn't wanna end up naked in the middle of the woods. Sometimes it could be a little awkward if the change-back happened too suddenly.

Her attention snapped back from her thoughts and to her surroundings. The trees bristled quietly. She'd been sitting in the undergrowth silently, tempering her bow and waiting to go into the cave. Her silence hadn't effected the birds. Only now there wasn't any. She frowned, crouching a little, tugging her fur hood over her face a bit,

A twig snapped and she launched from hiding, wrenching the bowstring back; sharp green arrow aimed straight at the adventurers face.

"Who are you? Are you vampire? Speak elf"
She snapped bristly, threatening to loose her arrow.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Jul 16 2014, 08:21 PM
"MAY IT BE AN EVENING STAR SHINES DOWN UPON YOU. MAY IT BE WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOUR HEART WILL BE TRUE. YOU WALK A LONELY ROAD, OH HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM HOME."
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
neutral with stormcloak sympathies
N/A
is Offline.

Even though it was daytime, Alasse Dorthonion was looking for a place to rest her feet for a while. She had been traveling for quite a while now after making a stop at a small settlement and helped heal an individual with a cut on his leg. She naturally refused payment, of course, and continued on her way, but the sun was nearing midday in the sky and she longed to stop, rest, and get some food in her stomach.

She too had heard of the rumors of people going missing, and figured that maybe they decided to move, or something more plausible than vampire or draugr attacks. Seeing a cave in the distance, the half-elf decided to take a look...only to catch movement all to suddenly and found herself facing a glass arrow and a rather angry-looking woman. Surprise was clearly in her sapphire eyes as she glanced at the individual - who was clearly expecting an attack and well prepared - before taking a second to regain her composure and answer calmly, "A vampire would not expose themselves to the light of day. Besides, were I one of those undead leeches, I would not be allowed to possess this blade..."

Here she gestured to Dawnbreaker, which gleamed a bit at her side. Alasse had created a makeshift sheath for the sword, allowing the hilt to be present and shine even in the daytime. A rather small smile teased the corner of her mouth before adding, "And to be fair, my blood is only half Mer, the other half being Nord. Please lower your arrow; I mean no ill toward you. I swear it." And to insure that her words held truth, she raised her hands to show that she was unarmed aside from the sword at her side and a staff in her hand to help navigate the harsh terrain of Skyrim.

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 18 2014, 06:04 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela listened to the woman carefully, narrowing her gaze a little in a judging manner. Her eyes turned to the glistening sword, the light from it was reasonably bright, she didn't know why she hadn't noticed it immediately before.

Carefully, she lowered the bow, firmly sliding the string back so not to release it by accident. She took the arrow and held it instead. This half-elf had the dawn breaker. It was a legendary sword, and she knew the Deadric prince who made it loathed the undead.

She tugged her hood down with one hand, letting her auburn hair fall free. Seeming to relax a little, yet keep the bow ready in her hand she leant back on one leg, tilting her head at her in an almost animal-like manner.

" Alright then...i'll trust you, for now.. I'm guessing you're here for a similar reason to me, then with a blade like that? Who are you?"
She asked with less firmness than before.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Jul 19 2014, 08:05 AM
"MAY IT BE AN EVENING STAR SHINES DOWN UPON YOU. MAY IT BE WHEN DARKNESS FALLS YOUR HEART WILL BE TRUE. YOU WALK A LONELY ROAD, OH HOW FAR YOU ARE FROM HOME."
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

For a moment, the half-Altmer wasn't sure if this person was going to believe her, or loose that arrow. To her relief, the other slide it back to its resting place and held the glinting arrow. Sighing in relief, the brunette watched as the hood was yanked down, exposing a stern-looking face with what looked like paint streaked across the face, and brown-red hair cascading a bit down the back. Probably a hunter of sorts...but then again, she had mentioned vampires before...

Then it hit her. What of this woman was a member of the Companions alongside Farkas? Who else would willingly hunt down those that thrived off of the deaths of innocent civilians? But before she could put those thoughts to words, the stranger asked who she was. Realizing her error, Meridia's Champion bowed her head and answered, "I am Alasse Dorthonion. I have resided in Skyrim for most of my life, and the reason for my being here was mostly to seek shelter for a moment...but upon hearing that there could be draugr or vampires around, I suppose then I have my duty to perform here." The Solar Daughter's whispers in her mind seemed to grow frequent as of late, and for a moment after receiving the sword, she tried to pay them no heed; a woman wielding a blade in the view of the populace just didn't sit right with her. But now, she was beginning to understand that the darkness and shadows feared the light, and that it was her duty to let that light shine in all corners of Skyrim, to eliminate corruption before it took root.

Still, if this woman was a Companion, perhaps establishing a prior connection would help ease the other's suspicions. But to be certain of her assumptions, Alasse asked, "Are you by chance one of the honorable Companions of Jorvaskrr?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 21 2014, 10:51 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

it made a lot more sense. and she was wasn't at all certain if she had seen a half-elf before. They weren't unheard of, but a lot of the time the angst and anger between the two races didn't usually all such meetings of courtship.

She tilted her head in a rather Wolf like way.

"As a matter of fact, I am. I am Aela the huntress." She nodded, lowering the bow a little more and seeming to relax more and more as the conversation went on. Aela studied the lady quietly, as if working out her thoughts and purpose as she did with anyone.

"So you've heard of us, then?"

She allowed a quick glance at the cave, checking silently for trouble, but with the sun shining she knew there was none. for now.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Jul 22 2014, 05:58 AM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

While Mer and Men sometimes didn't get along - especially in the case of Altmer and Thalmor - love tended to have people forget those boundaries...even break through them. That was why her mother had left home to live a new life in Skyrim, despite the restrictions and 'laws' that said otherwise. As a result, both Alasse and her mother learned about the Nine Divines and of course the ongoing conflict to eliminate Talos - Tiber Septim - from the divinity, and her father in turn learned about the elven deities, like Auri-el.

Hearing the woman mention that she was a Companion caused the half-Altmer to bow her head again in respect before catching the other's name, which was Aela. On the question of having heard of the Companions before, Alasse replied, "I have. Some of my travels took me to Whiterun where I saw the Jorvaskrr Hall, and some time ago, I met another Companion by the name of Farkas, who helped me learn a bit on using a sword." She once again gestured to Dawnbreaker before adding, "I figured I could use the practice; healing magic and a fire spell or two are usually my 'weapons' of choice."

Noticing that Aela was checking the cave, Alasse glanced in as well. Dawnbreaker seemed to whisper in her mind that she needed to in and eliminate the scourge that dwelled within. But if she rushed blindly in, it would no doubt mean her end. But perhaps teaming up with the female Companion would be beneficial, since it seemed that the other was here for that purpose. "If you are thinking about going in, now would be a better time than waiting until nightfall. They won't leave their domain until then, so that gives us some time."

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 10:59 AM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela watched her silently. She seemed the magic-user sort. she'd never been one for that herself.

"Yes...probably best. If you're on the same side as me we may as well go in together, be less of a chance on being ambushed by draugr and vampires...the undead filth has a way for traps and other sneaky plans."

She couldn't wait to get started, that animal inside her urging her to go and tear some filthy undead limbs. With a glance at Alasse, she smirked. "Best bring that shiny blade of yours for some fun" She added, making her way towards the entrance of the cave, feeling the air blowing through it, sucked in like a whirlpool.

Putting her arrow in her bow, she made her way inside, carefully stepping amongst the rubble and dank, dark murky cavern that was obviously a crypt of something at one point.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 06:43 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

Meridia's whispering seemed to get louder inside her mind, and almost without her realizing it, she had drawn the gleaming blade as if by instinct. If anything, its light would be a guide of sorts in the darkness, if not her magical flames to light the scones along the way. "The sooner we can accomplish this, the sooner people around here can be safe once more." Alasse replied, nodding and following the huntress into the dank cave, her face cringing at the stench of decay and death.

As an extra precaution, the half-elf conjured the flame atronarch, just in case they were ambushed, that way they at least had some fighting chance and while the fiery being fought in her stead, she could concentrate on keeping Aela alive. Granted the bow the Companion wielded would do deadly damage from afar, but better to have something trigger a possible trap, or at the very least scout ahead for danger.

After a moment of silence, Alasse whispered, "How long have you been with the Companions?"

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 07:15 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela didn't quite need the light, but she used it anyway, grateful they had such a sword against the undead. if there was a vampire lord in here, she'd have no other option but to shift in attempt to kill the creature. And she didn't fancy scaring this new person nor revealing the companions secrets.

" As long as i was old enough to hunt"
She replied in a husked voice, stepping over human remains and keeping a close ear out as she talked. "My mother was in the companions, my father taught me to hunt and i'd train with my mother when she was home.....she was an amazing teacher....the companions is in my family tree all the way down to my ancestors."

She turned to eye Alasse quietly.

"what about you? Are you part of any group? Any radical ideas?
" She asked, obviously meaning the thalmor or other elves, she didn't want to seem racist. it was just something Nords here always judged on after all the wars that were waged on skyrim soil.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Jul 28 2014, 10:08 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

"They must be very proud of you." Alasse whispered back, nodding in acceptance. Most people seem to follow in the footsteps of their ancestors, but in her own case it was different. Granted her father had been a metal-forger and a crafter of jewelry before having to fight in the war, but she couldn't sit around all her life while people like her and her mother were thought of and seen as 'monsters'...so she wanted to prove them wrong. But being asked if there were any 'radical' ideas caused her to halt in midstep, unsure on how to answer such a question.

After a moment, she recovered her footing before tripping on some bones and caught up to Aela and managed to answer her question. "I am not with the Thalmor, if that is what you mean. I cannot accept that people are 'inferior' to elves. We are all the same, regardless of whether we have pointed ears, tails, or appear normal. I am only in the world to try and show the world that those that possess the blood of Mer are not evil, or are out to ban the worship of whatever deity they see for to believe in. In some ways, the two religions intersect and mingle, just as appearances mingle. Were it not for my ears and pale skin, I am normal. I do what I can to help those in need, to prove my point. I suppose it would be considered 'radical' to some, but better that than be scorned by both sides."

Another moment of silence followed as she felt the flame atronarch disappear. So far, there was no sign of danger. Alasse conjured a little flame to light torches along the way before adding. "The only side I am on is that of peace. I am part of no group, since I am scorned by the Altmer for not being a 'pure-blood', and the same for most Nords. I hope to bridge the gap, somehow."

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Aug 5 2014, 09:47 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela listened, stopping in the middle of the cave for a moment and watching her by the dull light of her blade, and the magic she'd summoned to help them along. Her eyes adjusted to it rather than the gloom and she cast a slight smile at the woman.

"A very noble quest you have there...I personally don't care for racism of any sort....but the nords of this country are hardwired for our traditions...and long standing wars in Skyrim ahve brought he nordic population to a rather distanced relationship with elven kind in general. Orc,s Altmer, Dunmer,High elves...you name it. Now you've got political idiocy on the other side too.... So good luck with that."

The red head shook her head and continued to the cave; which was becoming more and more crypt-like, the stone walls of the area rising high and the dirt beneath their feet forming steps up into the tombs. There were skeletons laying everywhere, a couple of not-so-fresh corpses that stank to the heavens above.

Her heightened senses wrinkled in disgust, but she couldn't block out the stink. "You'll have a hard time of it, that's for sure....me, i go by respect...if you respect me I have every reason to respect you..I can't stand some of he scum that steal or kill for a living. " She added, jabbing the corpses a bit, but they were dead.

There was fresh blood spatter though, and her eyes and nose drew towards it. She crouched suddenly, her finger dabbing at the nearly-dried, very deep red fluid. She sniffed it, and looked around.

"This is man blood...Course I can't tell what kind but something happened here....might have something to do with people going missing...Maybe they came in here for shelter....didn't realise this place was already full of the undead.

So far there were no Draugrs, which put her on edge. Did something there know they were coming? Smell them? maybe it was the presence of the dawn breaker?

"I don't know about you but this doesn't smell right....we'd better tred very carefully..I don't know you, but if you watch my back i'll watch yours..." The companion stated quietly, getting ready to push open the doors of the crypt and actually step inside the ancient catacombs herself.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Aug 5 2014, 10:05 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

While she saw this as a noble reason to see the world, Alasse knew she had her work cut out for her. On one side, past wars with Mer in general lent an unfavorable light to those that held the bloodlines, and now the Thalmor - in an effort to cement their grasp - were eliminating the Nord way of life and what they believed in. Hearing Aela speak about respect, the half-Altmer nodded. "Of course. I follow such examples too. Granted I am bit more forgiving than most, but if injury and insult are repaid in kind, the world would be a cruel and lonely place indeed."

The smell was nearly unbearable, causing the brunette to nearly throw up what little she had for breakfast. Closing her eyes and leaning against a wall to support herself while trying to regain her composure, Alasse heard Aela mention that the blood trail she spotted was fresh, although the cause behind it was uncertain. If draugr or vampires were involved, maybe they were waiting for more careless victims to wander in for some sinister ritual? Draugr working in league with the vampires? Alasse didn't know; what she did know was that they needed to be stopped.

No matter what.

The two women came across a set of doors that led deeper into the catacombs. Aela said that she would watch the half-Altmer's back if the same was repaid, to which Meridia's champion nodded. "Anyone on the side of the living and the pure- hearted always has my aid." With that, Alasse conjured her flame atronarch once more, knowing that if anything - or anyone - threatening lurked beyond those doors, the fiery being from Oblivion would attack at once. Dawnbreaker was gripped tightly in her left hand to the point her knuckles turned white, but loosened the grip a little when she recalled Farkas's lessons. With a nod to Aela, Alasse braced herself for what lay ahead.

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Aug 9 2014, 06:58 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

Aela frowned softly at the undead stink, waiting before opening the door and casting the woman a very polite smile. She was starting to like the way this half-elf was thinking. it was wise, and she spoke wisdom; which Alea the huntress enjoyed greatly amongst the rabble of everyday reckless humanity.

"Nice to hear a Mer talking about peace" She chuckled softly, before pushing the head doors open with er hand and shoulder; the stink of evil and old, musty flesh bellowing out from the tomb. Abruptly, Alea sneezed from the dust and cobwebs, drawing her bow back as hard and as far as the weapon would allow, crocuhing a bit and aiming at one of the dead corpses lining the walls.

Firing, she struck it right through the skull, and with a slight growl of a screech, it perished before it could even get up. The others were still deadly silent and she swallowed.

"Yeah...this place is full of them....I smell the stink of vampires ahead...plenty of coppery blood in the air too.."

Stepping forwards, she stiffened as instincts hit her and the undead shifted before her, she grabbed her bow and backed up a bit, firing at one with the ebony bow and glass arrows, her targets hitting their mark and bringing one of the draugr down.

She bared her teeth. "Undead scum..." She hissed and she bashed one hard with her bow, aiming an arrow straight through the corpse's temple, hating the glow that was in the eyes of these things.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Alasse Dorthonion
 Posted: Aug 10 2014, 07:14 PM
wendi,

traveler/ healer
altmer
N/A
115 posts
N/A
is Offline.

Alasse took a deep breath after giving a very kind smile to Aela; the compliment was appreciated in the highest sense. The world needed peace more than ever, especially with talk of not only this bloody war, but the possibility of dragons returning after many long years. The people needed to band together as one or else the dragons would destroy everything. "I am probably one of the few that do." She admitted with a shrug. "Or at least one that would at least take it into consideration."

The doors were opened, causing a puff of dust and cobwebs to spill forward. Aela sneezed, and the half-Mer covered her mouth and coughed a few times. The decaying stench was just horrible! It was almost too much for her to stand, but she had to go through with it; she did promise Aela, after all. Besides, she was the only one of the two that knew healing magic, so she had to keep up for Aela's sake at least. Following the other, Alasse was taken by surprise as the female Companion launched an arrow at what looked like a still corpse, only to have it utter a death groan before falling to the ground now fully lifeless. But what really caught her attention was she somehow could detect the scent of vampires and...coppery blood... Before Alasse could ask how Aela was able to sense that, the archer fired off another set of arrows.

Remembering what was happening as her flame atronarch launched a ball of fire at the oncoming draugr, Alasse shook her head to clear her thoughts before charging in at another, this one holding a rather large sword. Recalling her lessons from Farkas, she waited until it raised the sword over its head before she stepped to the side and struck its side with the gleaming blade. Adding to the attack, Alasse called some flame to her hand and torched the draugr in the back of the head. There was a rather angry look to her face that had replaced the calm peaceful expression earlier, making her seem almost as feral as Aela.

--------------------
PM
^
Aela The Huntress
 Posted: Aug 13 2014, 08:45 PM
Silver,

warrior
nord
the companions
23 posts
neutral
N/A
is Offline.

She watched alasse elegantly dispatch the draugr and cast her a wry expression.

"Thought you said you weren't good wit swordplay.." She chuckled encouragingly. The lady had skills there, maybe she just didnt see it much herself. She retrieved a couple of her arrows, the ones that hadn't snapped and wiped them on the ground, returning them to her quiver and looking around.

The grumble from inside wasn't a good one. Vampires had a high possibility of death hounds too. And of course, more corpses.

The auburn haired companion stood quickly and glanced at Alasse. "That blade of yours is going to come in real handy i think...." She mumbled, the wolf inside her baying to get out, to go fight, shred, tear and mutilate anything seen as an enemy. She held it back.

There were people here, there could be prisoners, and last thing she wanted was to accidentally hurt them, or get attacked for being what she was. Or giving the companions a bad name while she was at it. Secrets were secrets after all.

She walked froward into the gloom briskly, brushing away cobwebs and the odd smell with a waft of her hand. The cobwebs in fact showed exactly where people had walked, and even a trail gouged into the mud and dust where something, perhaps prisoners or corpses had been dragged.

"Maybe this really is bigger than we thought...worst idea that comes into my head is necromancers working hand in hand with vampires...never been seen before but by the gods if it was possible...
" She said worriedly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
ADD REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

skinned by birgitte @ caution 2.0 and shine